If you see the error code F3 E3 flashing on the display panel of your Amana washer, you might be wondering what’s going on. In this post, we’ll provide you with all the information you need to understand what the F3 E3 error code means on an Amana washer and what you can do to fix it. We’ll break down the causes of this error code, go over the troubleshooting steps you can take, and offer tips on how to prevent this issue from occurring in the future.
Amana washer error code f3 e3 indicates that the washer is experiencing issues with controlling the water temperature. The water temperature sensor is informing the control board regarding inaccurate water temperature level measurements. This can also be caused by a faulty temperature sensor or thermistor.
Let’s dive deeper into the guide to know more regarding this F3 E3 error code.
Table of Contents
What does error code f3 e3 mean on Amana Washer?
As mentioned earlier, the F3 E3 error code on an Amana washer indicates that the washer is experiencing issues with controlling the water temperature. Specifically, it means that the control board is not receiving a signal from the temperature sensor that it can understand.
This can be caused by several different factors, including:
- Water supply issues: If there’s not enough hot or cold water coming into your Amana washer, it can cause the temperature sensor to give off inaccurate readings, triggering the F3 E3 error code.
- Faulty temperature sensor or thermistor: If the temperature sensor or thermistor is faulty, it can send inaccurate signals to the control board of your Amana washer, causing the F3 E3 error code to appear.
- Faulty fill valve assembly: In rare cases, If the fill valve assembly, which controls the flow of water into the washer, is faulty, it can cause issues with water temperature control and trigger the F3 E3 error code.
- Temporary software fault: Sometimes temporary glitches in software triggered an error code on the washing machine. So, you should also verify whether the error is caused by hardware or software faults.
How to Fix error code f3 e3 on Amana Washer?
Now that you know what’s causing the F3 E3 error code on your Amana washer, let’s talk about what you can do to fix it. Here are the steps you can take to clear it:
Step 1: Reset the washer
Whatever the error code is displaying on your washer, you should first reset it. Sometimes resetting the device simply clear the error code.
To reset your Amana washer, unplug it from the power source. This will help to reset the washer and clear any error codes. Next, wait for about 5 minutes to allow the washer to reset fully. After waiting, plug your washer back into the power source. If the error persists, follow the next steps.
Step 2: Check your water supply
The second thing you should do when you see the F3 E3 error code on your Amana washer is to check your water supply. Make sure that both the hot and cold water supply lines are working properly and providing a good water supply to the back of the washer.
If the water supply lines are blocked or damaged, this could cause the temperature sensor to give off inaccurate readings, triggering the F3 E3 error code. So, make sure to check the water supply lines and fix any issues you find before moving on to the next steps.
Step 3: Check the temperature sensor or thermistor
If your water supply lines are working correctly and you’re still seeing the F3 E3 error code, the next step is to check the temperature sensor or thermistor. These components are responsible for monitoring the water temperature and sending signals to the control board.
To check the temperature sensor or thermistor, you’ll need to use a multimeter to test their resistance. The sensor should read around 10,000 ohms at room temperature. If the reading is out of range, you’ll need to replace the faulty component.
Step 4: Check the fill valve assembly
If the temperature sensor and water supply lines are working correctly, the next thing to check is the fill valve assembly. This component is responsible for controlling the flow of water into the washer and can cause issues with water temperature control if it’s faulty.
To check the fill valve assembly, you’ll need to remove the washer’s back panel and locate the fill valve assembly where the water lines from your house connect to the back of the washer. Check for any signs of damage or wear and tear, and if you see any issues, you’ll need to replace the fill valve assembly.
Step 5: Replace the Faulty part
Once you’ve identified the faulty component, whether it’s the temperature sensor, the fill valve assembly, or something else, you’ll need to order a replacement part and install it in your washer.
Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully and take any necessary safety precautions while performing the repair.
How to Prevent the F3 E3 Error Code on an Amana Washer?
No one wants to encounter an error code on their Amana washer, but there are ways to lower the chances of getting the dreaded F3 E3 code. Check out these handy tips to keep your washer running smoothly and prevent error codes:
- Maintain your washer: Regular maintenance of your Amana washer can help prevent issues with water temperature control. Make sure to clean the washer’s lint filter regularly, and check the water supply lines for any signs of wear or damage.
- Use the right detergent: Using the wrong detergent or too much detergent can cause issues with water temperature control in your washer. Make sure to use only HE (high-efficiency) detergent and follow the manufacturer’s instructions carefully.
- Check the water pressure: Low water pressure can cause issues with water temperature control in your washer. Make sure that the water pressure in your home is adequate and that your washer is getting a good water supply.
- Don’t overload your washer: Overloading your washer can cause issues with water temperature control and other problems. Make sure to follow the manufacturer’s instructions for loading your washer and avoid overloading it.
The F3 E3 error code on an Amana washer can be frustrating to deal with, but with the right troubleshooting steps, you can identify and fix the issue quickly. By checking your water supply, temperature sensor, and fill valve assembly, you can get your washer back up and running in no time.
By following the tips for preventing this error code from occurring in the future, you can keep your Amana washer running smoothly for years to come.