Its door system has an issue if your Kalorik air fryer door is wont close. This door machine contains several parts, such as a long spring, nuts, gaskets, etc. If any one part of these causes an issue when the door moves, the door will stay closed.
You probably need to remove the side cover of your air fryer to access the door mechanism. All these parts are hidden inside the side cover of the appliance. However, it also depends on the model of the air fryer to know what door mechanism it has.
Let’s dive deeper into the guide to fix the Kalorik air fryer door issue.
Table of Contents
Reasons Kalorik Air Fryer Door won’t Close:
Kalorik air fryers come with two types of door mechanisms; a french door and a single door. Both types of doors move differently. If the Kalorik air fryer door won’t close or open, it means there is an issue with its door mechanism.
There is one big spring, nut, bolt, gasket, and a metal clip inside the door cover that makes its mechanism open and close.
Here’re the reasons why the Kalorik air fryer door won’t close:
- Loose clip nut: One of the potential reasons why your Kalorik air fryer door won’t close could be due to a loose clip nut. The clip nut that holds the door in place might have become loose over time. A loose clip prevents the door from securely shutting. In this case, it’s important to check and tighten the clip nut to ensure a proper fit of the door.
- Something preventing the door spring from stretching: Another possible cause for the door not closing properly might be an obstruction that’s preventing the door spring from stretching fully. This obstruction could be a small piece of food, debris, or even a foreign object lodged in the hinge area. You should carefully inspect the hinge and spring mechanism to make sure nothing is hindering its movement.
- Door mechanism has bends: If the air fryer door has been subjected to any accidental force or impact, it’s possible that the door mechanism has incurred bends or misalignments. This can prevent the door from properly engaging with the locking mechanism and cause difficulties in closing it. If you suspect this is the case, you may need to gently realign the door and its components to restore proper functionality.
In any of these scenarios, it’s recommended to refer to the manufacturer’s manual for guidance on troubleshooting and resolving the issue. If the problem persists despite attempting these solutions, contacting the manufacturer’s customer support or seeking professional assistance might be necessary to ensure the safe and effective operation of your Kalorik air fryer.
How to fix the Kalorik Air Fryer Door that won’t Close?
When working with a French door system, pay close attention to the hinges and latch mechanisms that are responsible for the proper operation of both doors.
It appears that the issue with your Kalorik Air Fryer door not closing properly is related to a small nut that has fallen off. You can follow these steps to resolve this problem:
- You need to start by gathering the necessary tools and materials. You’ll need a 7-millimeter wrench to handle the nut.
- Now, you must Turn off and unplug the air fryer to ensure your safety while working on it.(Please don’t skip this point)
- Next, Locate the back of the air fryer where the problem lies. There should be screws holding the unit together.
- Carefully remove all the screws from the back of the air fryer. Make sure to keep track of the screws and their locations, as you’ll need to reattach them later.
- Look for the small nut that has fallen off. It’s likely the cause of the door not closing properly. This nut might be located near the door hinge or latch mechanism.
- Use the 7-millimeter wrench to secure the nut back into place. Tighten it properly to ensure it won’t come loose again.
- Once the nut is securely in place, reattach all the screws that you removed in Step 4. Make sure to tighten them adequately but not overly tight.
- After all the screws are back in place, check the door’s movement. It should now close properly without any issues.
- If necessary, adjust the nut or other components to ensure proper alignment and movement of the door.
- Finally, plug in the air fryer and test its functionality. The door should now close and seal properly.
- NOTE: It’s important to follow these steps carefully to avoid causing any damage to the air fryer or its components. Remember that the French door system might have additional components or complexities compared to a single-door system. If you encounter any difficulties or are unsure about any step, refer to the manufacturer’s manual or consider seeking assistance from a professional technician who is familiar with French door air fryer systems.
Kalorik Air Fryer Door Problems:
We have seen two types of door problems in kalorik air fryer models with door parts. Some people reported their unit’s door won’t close and some reported their unit’s door won’t open at all. These are the only two issues we have reported by the verified users of Kalorik air fryers.
How to Clean a Kalorik French Door Air Fryer?
Cleaning your Kalorik French Door Air Fryer is essential to maintain its performance and hygiene. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you clean it effectively:
Materials You’ll Need:
- Dish soap or mild cleaning detergent
- Soft cloth or sponge
- Soft-bristle brush
- Non-abrasive cleaning pads
- Paper towels or clean, dry cloth
- Unplug and Cool: Ensure the air fryer is unplugged and cooled down.
- Remove Accessories: Take out all removable parts.
- Wipe Exterior: Use mild soapy water to wipe the exterior.
- Wipe interior surfaces with soapy water.
- Gently scrub stubborn stains with a non-abrasive pad.
- Wash accessories with soapy water or in the dishwasher.
- Wipe the door and its surroundings.
- Empty and clean the drip tray or pan.
- Allow all parts to air dry before putting them back together.
- Plug in the air fryer and ensure it works.
Keynote: Refer to your manual for specific instructions and details. Regular cleaning maintains performance and extends the air fryer’s lifespan.