Sometimes appliances like Toshiba air fryer toaster ovens stop working due to some issue. If you’re also facing this issue, you will need to inspect your Toshiba unit to address the cause.
Several reasons can make a Toshiba air fryer toaster oven unworking, such as issues in the power supply, opened fuse, broken wiring connection inside the unit, and faulty heating element. Proper inspection of the device will only show the actual cause of this issue in a specific unit.
In this post, we’ve gathered everything you need to troubleshoot your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven. Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
Why has the Toshiba air fryer toaster oven stopped working?
Technically, we can’t say directly about the specific cause behind this problem. It is because several types of faults can make a Toshiba air fryer toaster oven unresponsive. So, you should read the following possible causes behind this issue, and inspect your device accordingly.
Here’s is the list of causes that can make an air fryer toaster oven stop working:
- Power Supply Issue: Air fryer toaster ovens require electric power to work. If the power cord of the device is broken or unplugged, it will fail to supply electric power to the appliance. In case there is no power supply, the air fryer toaster oven will not work.
- Internal Fault: if your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven won’t turn on when plugged in, it could be due to an internal fault. This appliance has several types of small and medium-sized components inside its body cover. If any internal part gets damaged due to a short circuit, or overheating, it can make the device unresponsive. Commonly broken or damaged wiring is a common internal issue behind some air fryer toaster ovens problems.
- Open Fuse: there is a fuse inside the air fryer toaster oven body, which is mainly responsible to supply the power to heating elements according to need. If you also have heard a pop sound from your device, this is a clear indication that any internal part of the appliance got damaged. You can access this part by removing the outer covers of the air fryer toaster oven.
- Safety feature: Some models of air fryer toaster ovens have an auto-shut-off safety feature. This feature stops the appliance from working when the sensor detects overheating situations inside the oven. However, simply resetting the device can restart it and disable this feature.
How to fix a Toshiba air fryer toaster oven that stopped working?
Fixing an unresponsive air fryer that just stopped working is a technical task. You need expertise and proper knowledge to deal with the issue before you think to fix the appliance yourself. However, if you’re not sure, you can seek someone’s help.
First of all, you will need to identify the true reason behind this issue occurring in your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven. You must check all the probable causes described in this guide.
Here’re steps to fix an air fryer toaster oven that stopped working:
- Make sure you have plugged your device into a socket that has power access inside it. If the unit was unplugged, the device is fine, it stopped working due to this mistake. In case the air fryer toaster oven was plugged in, check if the power outlet has power into it. You can also try another wall socket to make sure whether the socket is causing the issue or not. If the power socket is fine and there is sufficient power availability for the device, the problem is in the device’s parts.
- Next, you will need to make sure the power cord of your air fryer toaster oven is in good condition and has no cut on it. A broken or damaged power cord fails to supply electric power to the appliance and makes it unresponsive. If the power cord is bad, you will need to replace it.
- In case the power cord is also fine, it’s time to inspect the internal parts of the appliance. Before we proceed forward, you should make sure no safety feature is enabled. If possible, try to reset your air fryer toaster oven as per the instructions given in its user manual. Some appliances may have a reset button or switch. Look for any reset feature on your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven and try resetting it.
If the issue persists, we need to inspect the internal parts. You need a screwdriver to remove the covers of the unit as we need to inspect the internal parts now.
- Now, first, unplug the device and then have a screwdriver and remove the screws holding the cover. Once the cover is removed, take a closer look at every electrical component to determine its condition. If you found any broken wiring connection, you will need to use a soldering tool to build the wiring connection again. Make sure no other component is damaged. In case the fuse is open(burnt), replace it. Buy the same model fuse for your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven from an online or offline appliance spare parts store. You can read the model no. of your appliance to get the same required part.
- Once you have successfully fixed your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven, assemble the opened cover again. Use a screwdriver to tightly fit the cover and its screws. Now, test the device and utilize it.
What if an Air fryer stopped working while cooking?
Mainly three reasons that can stop an air fryer from working while cooking, no. first is overheating. Some air fryers have an overheating prevention safety feature to protect the device from damage.
The second reason is power supply failure. Unplugged and no power to the appliance will stop it from working instantly, even if it’s cooking or not.
The third and most common reason is the internal part’s failure. If a short circuit happens inside the device, this can also make it unresponsive quickly during cooking.
An Issue in the power supply damaged internal parts, and activation of safety features are common reasons behind the issue of the air fryer toaster oven stopping working. You should also make sure that your device is plugged in as this can also make it unresponsive.
Just follow the steps described in this guide to troubleshoot your Toshiba air fryer toaster oven. You can refer to the user manual of your appliance to know which safety features it has and how they work.