The drum of the washing machine stops rotating when the belt comes off from the pulley located behind the base of the drum. If your Beko washing machine’s belt keeps coming off, you can fix it yourself by understanding the information given in this guide.
This is a common issue that comes due to some technical problems associated with the belt, pulley, and motor. First of all, you need to encounter the source of this issue before trying any troubleshooting method.
Let’s dive deeper into the guide!
Table of Contents
Why Does the Beko Washing Machine Belt Keep Coming Off?
If you’re putting the belt again and again on the pulley but it is coming off, you’re solving the issue but not the root cause. There are some probable cases when this issue can occur in a washing machine, whether it is Beko or another.
Let’s understand the causes:
There are two pulleys located behind the base of the drum and the motor shaft. This object can become loose over time sometimes.
It can cause the belt to slip off during operation when it wobbles or is not securely fastened. You can access these pulleys by removing the back panel of the machine.
In some old models, the drive belt and pulleys are typically located underneath the washer. You can tighten the pulley by tightening the bolts given on it.
Belt Gets Stretched:
Over time, the drive belt can lose its elasticity and become stretched. A stretched belt will not grip the pulley properly. If the belt of your machine is stretched, this can cause it to come off.
Moreover, this is a common issue but is easy to fix. You just have to replace the drive belt if it has lost its finish and strength.
The user should only buy the new one according to the model number given on the washing machine. The size of the belt is typically different between different Beko washers.
Motor Is Not Tight:
The motor in your washing machine should be securely fastened in place. If it becomes loose or improperly mounted, it can create misalignment issues that lead to the belt slipping off.
The motor is usually installed by using some solid screws and a clamp. If any screw becomes loose, which can allow the motor to move a little bit to any side.
When this happens, the belt gets loose on the motor pulley and comes off when the motor rotates.
The Motor is Not Properly Aligned with the Drum:
A misalignment between the motor and the drum can result from wear and tear or improper installation. This misalignment can put extra stress on the belt or no grip on the pulley, which can cause it to come off.
We have seen that many washing machine models provide features to adjust the motor position according to belt size. Some models have special spring clamps to adjunct the motor position.
You must check if there is the same feature given in your unit. This is also beneficial to use stretched and loose belts as the motor can be adjusted.
How to Stop the Washing Machine Belt Keep Coming Off?
We hope now you know of the potential causes of the belt coming off. Now it will be easier for you to troubleshoot the issue. Note: You must unplug your washing machine before doing any troubleshooting.
Let’s explore some steps to prevent this issue from recurring:
1. Tighten the Pulley: First of all, you must ensure that the pulley behind the drum is securely fastened. Take a screwdriver and remove the back panel of the unit. Once you have access to pulleys, check their status. If it’s loose, use the appropriate tools to tighten it. Be cautious not to over-tighten, as this can damage the pulley or the belt.
2. Replace the Belt: If your belt has become stretched or worn out, it’s advisable to replace it with a new one. Refer to your washing machine’s user manual for the correct belt size and installation instructions.
3. Next, Check Motor Mounting: Verify that the motor is properly mounted and secure in its place. If it’s loose or misaligned, reposition it and tighten the mounting bolts. You must do this work carefully.
4. Align the Motor and Drum: If the belt is still loose, ensure that the motor and the drum are properly aligned. Adjust their positions if necessary to eliminate any misalignment issues.
Aim now the belt is tightly fit and will not come off again. Assemble all the open parts and make sure everything is tight before using the machine.
How to Prevent the Flat Belt from Slipping Off the Pulley?
You need to Check Tension, Pulley Alignment, cleanliness of Pulleys, Installation, and Motor to prevent a flat belt from slipping off the pulley in your washing machine.
Let’s understand in-depth:
- Ensure the belt is not too loose. Follow your machine’s manual for proper tension settings.
- Make sure both pulleys (motor and drum) are in line. Adjust if needed.
- Keep pulleys clean from dirt or residue that can make the belt slip.
- When installing or replacing the belt, do it correctly without twists or unevenness.
- Ensure the motor is firmly in place; a loose motor can lead to belt issues.
- Regular Maintenance: Check belt tension and condition regularly as part of routine maintenance.
- Don’t overload the machine, as it strains the belt.
- Consider a Tensioner: If your machine allows, use a belt tensioner for automatic adjustments.
If problems persist, seek professional repair to address underlying issues. Remember to disconnect the power before working on your washing machine for safety.
How to know if the Washer Belt is Bad?
Recognizing the signs of a worn-out or faulty belt is essential in addressing the issue effectively. Here are some telltale signs that your washer belt might be due for a replacement:
- Squeaking or Squealing Noises: A worn belt can produce loud, high-pitched noises during the wash cycle.
- Burning Smell: Excessive belt slipping can generate a burning odor due to the friction it creates.
- Visible Wear: Inspect the belt for visible signs of wear, such as cracks, fraying, or a shiny, glazed appearance.
Dealing with a Beko washing machine belt that keeps coming off can be challenging, but it is easy to fix with the right knowledge and a bit of DIY effort. Check belt condition, pulleys, and motor alignment to address the root cause.
You can also consult your user manual for specific guidance. If you encounter any complex issues or are unsure about the repair process, it’s always a good idea to seek professional assistance to ensure the long-term reliability of your washing machine.