Some users have reported issues with the weight sensor in their Bosch washing machines. This sensor plays a crucial role in determining the amount of laundry inside the drum. If it is faulty, it will not help the machine adjust factors like water level and spin speed based on the load’s weight.
Here are the common type of Weight Sensor Problems people faced with their Bosch Washing Machine:
- Bosch washing machine weight sensor is not working
- Bosch washing machine weight sensor inaccurate
- Bosch washing machine weight sensor error
- Bosch washing machine weight sensor calibration
- Bosch washing machine weight sensor replacement
If you’re facing a problem with the weight sensor as mentioned above, check out the following section to learn how to fix it.
Table of Contents
How to solve Bosch Washing Machine Weight Sensor Problems:
The Bosch washing machine weight sensor not working:
Practically, If the weight sensor of the Bosch washing machine is not working, the washing machine will not be able to accurately measure the weight of the load. This can also lead to issues in the washing machine water and detergent usage.
If your unit uses too much or too little water and detergent, it could be due to a faulty weight sensor. So, fixing this issue is necessary to prevent any effect on the washing performance.
The following are steps to troubleshoot a faulty Bosch washing machine weight sensor:
- First of all, Inspect that the washing machine is properly leveled. An unlevel washing machine can cause the weight sensor to malfunction.
- Next, Make sure that the drum is empty before starting a new wash cycle. Sometimes, The weight sensor will not be able to accurately measure the weight of the load if there is already laundry in the drum.
- You should also try to clean the weight sensor. The weight sensor can become clogged with dirt and debris, which can cause it to malfunction. First, unplug the machine and after that access the weight sensor. Now, take a damp cloth and use it to wipe the weight sensor down to clean it.
- Another try should be to reset the washing machine. Resetting the washing machine can sometimes fix minor glitches with the weight sensor. Here’s how you can reset the washing machine: Unplug it from the power outlet for 30 seconds and then plug it back in.
In case you have tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and the weight sensor is still not working, the solution is weight sensor replacement. You will need to contact a Bosch repair or any other technician to replace the weight sensor.
Weight sensor inaccurate
Technically, If your Bosch washing machine weight sensor is inaccurate, the washing machine may use too much or too little water and detergent. This issue requires a technical solution, resetting the machine can’t fix its accuracy issues.
You can try the following to troubleshoot an inaccurate Bosch washing machine weight sensor:
- Calibrate the weight sensor: Most Bosch washing machine models have a weight sensor calibration function. Follow the washing machine’s user manual instructions to calibrate the weight sensor. If the user manual of your washer doesn’t have weight sensor calibration instructions, this means your unit model has no calibrate option available.
- Check the weight sensor for damage: A damaged sensor can’t be fixed. In case the weight sensor of your machine is damaged, it will need to be replaced by a Bosch repair technician.
Bosch washing machine weight sensor error
If your Bosch washing machine is displaying a weight sensor error, this means the weight sensor is not working properly and the machine is unable to run until the issue gets fixed.
Below are instructions to troubleshoot a Bosch washing machine weight sensor error:
- It is important to check the washing machine’s user manual for the specific error code and its meaning. So, check it first.
- Try the troubleshooting steps for a faulty Bosch washing machine weight sensor (see above). No code or pressing any buttons on the control panel can fix the weight sensor error code. It requires manual repair and checking of this part to clear this error code. However, you will need to reset the washing machine after completing the sensor repair.
- In case you have tried all of the above troubleshooting steps and the weight sensor error is still displaying, you will need to contact a Bosch repair technician to repair or replace the weight sensor.
Weight sensor calibration
In case your weight washing machine model has a weight sensor calibration feature, but you don’t have instructions in its user manual, follow these steps.
Here’s how to calibrate the weight sensor on a Bosch washing machine:
- Make sure that the washing machine is empty and properly leveled.
- Press and hold the “Start/Pause” button for 5 seconds.
- The washing machine will start the calibration process.
- The washing machine will display a “Calibrating weight sensor” on the display panel.
- Wait until the washing machine completes the calibration process.
- The washing machine will display “Calibration complete” on the display panel.
Bosch washing machine weight sensor replacement
Replacement of weight sensor or any other part in washing machine requires technical skills and experience. For safety purposes and lack of expertise, experts don’t recommend doing this work by an inexperienced person.
So, you will need to contact a Bosch repair or any nearest technician to replace the weight sensor on your Bosch washing machine.
The repair technician will be able to order and replace the weight sensor for you. The price of the weight sensor depends on the model to model. However, it usually costs 15$ to 30$.
This is sometimes possible to prevent problems with your Bosch washing machine weight sensor, but it can be done by following the right procedure.
You can follow these tips:
- Keep the washing machine clean and free of dirt and debris.
- Make sure that the washing machine is properly leveled.
- Do not overload the washing machine.
- Use the correct amount of detergent for the size of the load.
- Have the washing machine serviced by a Bosch repair technician regularly.