A great house worker knows how and where they can store their house appliances.
In this article, We described can a microwave can be stored in the cold? and how to store it perfectly.
We store things because we want to use them in the future. If we keep them in the wrong way, the appliance will not be perfect in the future.
You can’t store a microwave in too cold weather. Winter’s cold air contains moisturizer which creates the issue in working the microwave. Moisturizer damage inside electric hardware when we put electronic appliances in a cold environment. Rust, parts damage, and quality fade are the main reasons to avoid storing appliances in too cold weather.
You need to know every important guideline to ensure your appliance will work correctly in the future. Let’s discuss those important steps to consider before storing a microwave.
Table of Contents
Why We Can’t Store A Microwave In The Cold?
Cold areas are not the best to store electronics and iron-made products. Soft plastic handles on the microwave become hard and crack in the cold area.
We can’t store a microwave in that area where the temperature is below 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Above 32 degrees Fahrenheit is suitable for storing an electronic thing. Moisturizers in cold areas start damaging appliance working hardware by developing rust when we store a microwave at a cold temperature. Rust and cold climate damage the quality, parts, and soft plastic parts slowly but consistently.
Underwiring cracks or breaks in a too cold climate. Manufacturers use plastic, steel, etc materials to build up a microwave. Below 32 degrees Fahrenheit temperature start making plastic parts hard, after some time the hard part broke automatically.
Long story short, Cold is not suitable weather to store soft plastic and iron electronic parts made. Microwaves contain soft plastic, iron-made parts and moisturizer in cold air develop issues like rust, damage to inside parts, etc.
People who use heaters in the winter can store a microwave inside the house where the heater is installed, but they can’t store it outside the house.
In most cases, electronic appliances can’t be repaired after storing in cold temperatures. Most times electronic appliances damage permanently after storing in a cold area.
Things To Consider Before Storing A Microwave?
Several factors play various roles in storing anything for a long time. Safety is the main factor for everything which we want to store in any area. It creates issues in working and quality of the thing when we store it in the wrong place. You have to know where you can put a thing in its suitable place and temperature.
The Following are Important Things to Consider before Storing a Microwave:
- Temperature Of Area: Area is where we are going to store our microwave. Every place changes temperature according to the seasons. There are two seasons per year; winter and summer. Make sure the temperature of the storage area is suitable for your appliances.
- Climate Change: When we have decided on the store area, you have to check the climate changes in that area per year. People live in different regions, where the climate changes over a year are different. Most areas have frequent climate changes, and as we know climate changes lead to temperature changes. Make sure your selected place isn’t affected by climate change.
- Safety: Experts recommend storing things where the safety of the selected place has less safety than not taking a risk. An unsafe place is not good for putting or storing an appliance. Most of the time people have less space in their stores and they prefer to store appliances in the garage. Every house’s garage contains many things, the falling of anything on the microwave is higher when we store it in a highly crowded garage.
- Check The Area Condition: The condition of the area gives signs of safety. If your store condition is not suitable then the risk of damage to stored things becomes high. Don’t put the microwave on not okay condition tops, garage, countertops, selves. If you mistakenly put your microwave in an unsuitable place, the place will damage your microwave.
- Available Space: If your store has no empty place to store the microwave then don’t store it on any other item. If the below item will slip down then the microwave will also slip.
How To Store A Microwave?
If you want to use your microwave for a lifetime then you need to store it in a safe place where the temperature stays normal in every season or month.
Always choose a place where the temperature stays normal or above 32 degrees Fahrenheit. Not every store is suitable for every type of thing. You need to check the security, temperature, condition, and space of the room where you’re going to store your microwave.
If your store is overloaded with things, it may disturb the quality of storing appliances. Electronic appliances are temperature sensitive. Electronic appliances lose their quality and material condition in too hot and too cold temperatures.
If you’re storing a microwave in a box, make sure there are no heavy items on top of the box. Otherwise, it could be damaged by heavy items stored on top of the box.
Always choose a good condition where no item is stored above that place.
Best Places and Ideas To Store A Microwave?
In our research, we found amazing places where you can put or store your electronics like microwaves easily.
The following are Some places to store a Microwave:
- Hidden In a cabinet
- In A Safe Box
- On Countertops
- Store Self
- On a lower shelf
- 32 degrees Fahrenheit or above temperature Room
- In Less Used Garage
- Over the range
Can I Leave A Microwave Outside?
Leaving a microwave outside is not best for its quality and working. Outside things and temperature can damage its parts. It will not work properly when the temperature is cold outside.
You need to choose above 32-degree temperature places to store an electric appliance like a microwave.
Outside safety is always less than indoors. Experts recommend storing an electronic appliance in a room where the temperature stays normal. Outside has frequent climate changes.
If you have any compulsion to store the microwave outside, make sure the outdoor temperature has no moisturizer. Cold air has a moisturizer in the air. You can cover your microwave with a cover that works like a cold resistance for a microwave.
The outside areas are mostly cold or hot. Countries like America, Canada, and Mexico have high cold temperatures in outdoor places. If you’re from these counties, don’t store microwaves outside.
Cold temperature areas are not best to store microwaves and other electronic appliances. If we store them in the cold outside, the risk of appliances damages and other issues evolves higher.
Experts recommend choosing a safe and normal room temperature palace, where the safety of the appliance is always fine. We store things because we want to make their working and quality always perfect for a lifetime, but when we mistakenly don’t follow safety guidelines our product is damaged permanently.
Most microwaves damage permanently if they are stored at a cold temperature for a long time. No one can repair a microwave if it develops an issue after storing it at a cold temperature.