Sometimes the standard drain hose becomes short when we install the washer. As a right-sized hose is necessary, we should use a method to make it larger.
If the drain hose of your LG washing machine is short and you want to extend it, this guide is for you.
Users can extend the drain hose of their LG washing machine with the use of an extension. No glue or clamp is required to tighten both pipes. Despite it being an easy task, avoiding cuts on the hose is necessary. Always check leakage after adding a drain hose extension.
We’ve described all the necessary steps that you can follow to extend the LG washing machine drain hose. Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
How to Extend the LG Washing Machine Drain Hose?
Usually, A washing machine drain hose extension costs 13$ – 16$. You can buy it from the nearest electronics spare part store or buy it from online stores. It is simple to add an additional hose to an existing drain hose. Everyone can do this work. If you have never done it before, follow our described procedure.
The following are steps to extend an LG washing machine drain hose:
- Checking of Extension size requirements: Not all individuals have the same extension size need as they have different washer models. Take an Inches-tape and measure how large the extension should be. Hose extensions can come in different length sizes. You also cut the drain hose extension if it is more than needed.
- Buy a hose extension: It is simple to find hose extensions online, but not every extension has the same material quality. If you’re the type of person who likes to shop offline, visit the nearest electronic store or an electronic spare part shop to get it. In the case of immediate installation, the offline purchasing mode might be great as it saves time and you can install it as soon as possible. It’s an easy and simple process to find a suitable hose extension.
- Fit extension on existing hose: Now, hold the end of the LG washer drain hose, you will find a rubber tip at its end. The extension also has a rubber tip like the original drain tube. Now, put the extension end inside the existing original drain tube’s rubber tip end. Be sure you’re putting the extension end that has no rubber tip. The rubber tip end cannot go inside the other rubber tip end.
- Check leakage: Once you have done the fitting, keep an eye on the leakage. Run water through the hose and put the paper or cloth down to the joint where the extension is connected with the original hose. If leakage is reported, tighten the bond of both hoses. All done!
- Note: If you realized the drain hose is now extra large by adding an extension, you can cut the drain hose from the end. Cut it when there’s a need to do it, however, it cannot be attached once you cut it.
Washing Machine Drain Hose Extension maximum Length?
Washing machine drain hose extensions can come in different lengths. In the market, you can buy 3 meters to 5-meter hose extensions. It is necessary to check the length required to avoid cutting the new drain tube.
If your washer is placed too far from the utility sink or drainpipe and you want to drain greywater too far without taking your machine there, it can cause a drain issue. So don’t use many extensions for one appliance.
Experts recommend using a maximum 8 to 9 feet drain hose for washing machines because it can prevent siphoning issues.
Before adding an additional drain tube for your washer, consider that a washing machine drain hose should be elevated.
However, you should read the product user manual first before adding an additional part to it.
Fit an extension to the original drain pipe that can help to reach the standpipe up to the washer water level. Take the extension 6 inches inside the drain system, whether it is a utility sink or standpipe.
In the case of a top loader washing machine which you typically drain into a floor drain connection, you can add a 5-meter drain extension for the existing one. Always empty a front loader in elevated mode.
How Long is the Hose on the LG Washing Machine?
Most of the Lg washing machines usually have similar-sized drain hoses. According to LG’s recent washer models, their standard drain hose size is 1.524 meters or 60 inches. All drain hoses have a 1-inch diameter.
If you still doubt that your washer has a longer or shorter drain tube, you can measure it with a measuring tape.
All washing machines come to have fixed-size drain hose lengths. Manufacturers provide hose size after testing the mechanism of the device.
As the drain hose is used for draining waste from the washer drum, it should be right-sized to prevent overflow and siphoning issues.
If you found your machine’s drain hose longer or shorter than someone’s machine hose, it is because every model has different specifications.
Sometimes more capacity washers have longer and extra diameter drain hoses because these machines carry more gallons of water inside their washing drum.
In simple terms, the more drum capacity a washing machine has, the longer or extra diameter its drain hose has.
How Far Can you Extend the Washing Machine Drain Hose?
How long you can extend the washing machine drain hose depends on the length requirement. If you need to add more 5-meter length, go with a 5-meter extension. The extension can come in 3 to 5-meter lengths, chosen according to need.
It is advisable to first check the requirement of a long line and then make the drain hose length.
Be sure the extended length is not too far because it can create a load on the drain pump when you elevate the drain hose for draining and the drain pump may stop working.
Verify drain hose is not longer than 3 meters because it may cause drainage problems such as siphoning, drain pump failure, or backflow into the washing machine.
You can add an extension to extend your LG washing machine’s drain hose. Be sure the length of the drain tube is less than 3 meters after adding extra length. It can cause drainage issues in your appliance if the hose creates insufficient drainage.