This may make you wonder when your Cuisinart air fryer oven is smoking. This white smoke could be usual or unusual when you see it for the first time from your unit. However, you can stop your unit from smoking when you understand its causes.
Generally, Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven smoke occurs when the food contains too much grease or moisturizer or when the food burns at maximum temperature. Also, if the unit is smoking abnormally, this is a sign that it needs cleaning. A dirty heating element can also produce white smoke when there is crumb, oil, or something on it.
Let’s dive into the guide!
Table of Contents
Reasons Cuisinart Air fryer Toaster Oven Smoking?
Some air fryer units usually generate some white smoke when preparing food at the highest temperature. However, this could be an issue when it is unusual and seems for the first time.
As there could be several reasons why Cuisinart air fryer toaster ovens can generate smoke, users should check for each when this situation occurs.
The following are some probable causes of Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven smoking:
- Too much grease on food: Sometimes we mistakenly apply an excessive amount of oil or grease on food which causes odor and smoke. If you’re air-frying something in your Cuisinart air fryer and applying a lot of oil to the item, this is wrong.
You should only apply a little amount of oil to the dish whenever you air fry something. However, the smoke coming because of excessive oil is not any fault and cannot affect the air fryer toaster oven. Just remember this guideline for your next use.
- Dish evaporating moisturizer: Some dishes contain too much moisturizer. These items lose water themself when cooked at high temperatures.
You don’t need to do anything if the item you have put in the oven contains moisturizers. However, you must take care of how much temperature range that water-containing dish wants.
- Dirty heating element: You can find a heating element on the top side of your Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven. This element should be clean when it gets hot. If grease or crumbs are on the heating coil, this will produce smoke, and this smoke also causes odor.
Don’t clean this heating coil when it is hot and has recently stopped working. Make Sure the heating element is cool before you touch it for cleaning. It will get cold after 60 minutes of being used.
- Food is overcooked: If food inside the oven is burning, this will cause smoke. You must prepare food inside the Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven according to compatible temperature.
You must read how much temperature your dish wants to get prepared. This is not the oven’s fault. You should only prepare any item when you cook it in the oven.
- The device is not cleaned: A Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven should be neat and clean whenever you prepare something in it. This is because if some crumbs are in the oven they can burn when you prepare some other item.
Stuck oil on heating elements and corners of appliances can burn and produce gray smoke which will be smelling also. You must clean the interior of your appliance three to four times a week.
How to Stop Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven From Smoking?
Sometimes standing near a Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven becomes tough when it smokes. Users have to first know the actual reason for smoke from the oven. Once the user knows why it is smoking, stopping them from smoking seems simple.
If it is smoking because you’re applying much oil on the items, consider lowering the oil application. On the other hand, if the item itself has water or moisturizer, you don’t need to do anything, smoke will stop when all the moisture from the dish will have evaporated.
In case of odor also comes with smoke, you must check if the dish has been overcooked. Immensely stops the appliance when food is boring. You must take care of the temperature required for a particular item whenever you prepare them in your kitchen air fryer toaster oven.
If the reason behind smoking is cleaning, you should clean the oven. Here’s how you can clean a Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven:
- Unplug the oven. If the oven was used recently, wait until its heating element gets cold.
- Open the door of your appliance.
- Have a soft piece of cloth and wipe it on all the internal space of the oven where it prepares food. Make sure you also clean every corner, door, window type corner, and as well as the heating element.
- Once all the crumbs and oil grease is removed. Use another cloth for the final cleaning. Repeat the steps.
- Close the door and reuse it.
Why Cleaning is Important to Stop Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven from Smoking?
As we described above the steps to clean the appliance, you may think why this is necessary. When we don’t clean our oven, this creates a smell and smoke from it. It can also affect the performance of appliances when the grease goes on the heating coil and fan.
When crumbs and oil are in the oven, they can burn when we prepare something new in them. It can also make fans noisy. If you are a busy person, you should make a schedule for your appliance cleaning.
You may have to replace the elements of your Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven when they are loaded with smoke dirt and stopped working. So better is to clean your appliance often to maintain its performance.