The FA error code on a Haier washing machine is a common issue that can disrupt your laundry routine.
Technically, FA on the display of a Haier washing machine is an error that indicates water level issues. The printed control board represents this code on the screen as it detects the water level sensor has lost communication between the board and the sensor.
This code can be displayed on manual washers and automatic models. However, it is fixable with proper knowledge and tools.
In Fact, you can’t clear this code only by resetting the machine as manual inspection is required to address the root cause.
Table of Contents
What Causes FA Error On Haier Washing Machine?
This is important to know what is causing the issue in the appliance, so you can address the cause successfully.
FA is a hardware issue-related error code, so you need to do a manual inspection yourself or with the help of a qualified technician.
Let’s delve into the possible causes of the FA error code:
Faulty Water Level Sensor:
The most common reason for the FA error code is a malfunctioning water level sensor. The water level sensor is responsible for measuring the water level in the washing machine during different cycles.
If it fails to accurately detect the water level, it can trigger the FA error code. You can find this sensor behind the upper cover of the machine, close to the balance ring.
It requires removing the upper cover to access this water level sensor. Make sure to unplug the device from the mains before accessing the sensor.
Over time, carbon accumulation can occur on the connection points of the water level sensor. This buildup can hinder the sensor’s ability to transmit data to the printed control board.
The FA error code may appear when communication between the two components is disrupted. You can only know whether the carbon accumulation is the cause or not by removing the water level sensor from the wiring connection.
If you find black spots there, it means the carbon accumulation could be causing the issue. Removing the carbon dirt could fix the FA issue as the communication between the sensor and PCB will be restored.
Another potential cause of the FA error is damaged or loose wiring between the water level sensor and the control board. Wiring problems can lead to intermittent communication failures. This can also result in the error code.
Control Board Malfunction:
A malfunctioning printed control board can also trigger an FA error. If the control board cannot receive or interpret signals from the water level sensor correctly, it may display an error. However, It is a less common cause.
How to Fix the Haier Washing Machine FA Error Code?
Now you probably understand the possible causes of the FA error on your Haier washing machine, let’s explore the steps to troubleshoot and resolve this issue. But before we dive into the fixing procedure, you must unplug your washing machine. You also need a screwdriver and a new water level sensor if necessary.
Here’s How to fix FA error code on Haier washing machine:
- First of all, you need to remove the upper cover of the machine to access and inspect the water level sensor. Keep all the open parts and screws in one place carefully. Now, examine the wiring between the water level sensor and the printed control board. Look for frayed wires, loose connections, or any signs of damage. Repair or replace any damaged wiring, and ensure all connections are secure.
- Next, find carbon accumulation on connections. If carbon accumulation is suspected, gently clean the connection points of the water level sensor. You can use a soft brush or a cloth to remove any buildup that may be interfering with the sensor’s communication.
- It is also necessary to confirm if the water level sensor is functioning correctly or not. You can conduct a test for this. This may involve measuring its resistance using a multimeter or consulting your washing machine’s user manual for specific testing procedures. If the sensor fails the test, replace it with a new one. You should get the same model sensor according to the model of your Haier washing machine. Once you got the sensor, replace the old one. We hope now the FA error is cleared on your Haier washing machine. But if it is still there, you need to do Control Board Diagnosis.
- If you suspect the printed control board is the issue, it’s best to consult a professional technician or contact Haier customer support for further assistance. Replacing a control board can be complex and should be done by a qualified technician.
- Lastly, reset your Washing Machine. Refer to your user manual for instructions on how to perform a reset, as the process may vary depending on your model.
The FA error code on your Haier washing machine can be caused by a faulty water level sensor, carbon accumulation, wiring issues, or a malfunctioning control board. You can resolve the error and get your washing machine back in working order by systematically inspecting and addressing these potential problems.
If you’re uncertain about any aspect of the troubleshooting process, it’s advisable to seek professional assistance to ensure a safe and effective repair.