It is simple to remove the ADT panel from a wall when you do it rightly. However, some individuals get stuck during removing process as the screws are not exposed. In this guide, we have explained how you can easily remove an ADT panel from a wall in x simple steps.
Firstly, note that during the process, make sure you don’t skip any step as all steps are necessary to follow. If you are not a technician, you should follow all the steps at a slow degree. However, You don’t have to be a technician to remove an ADT panel since a non-technician can do it.
Let’s dive into the step by step to remove an ADT panel from your wall.
Table of Contents
The Time and Tools you need to Remove A Adt Panel from Wall:
Only two types of tools are required to complete the process; A Phillips head screwdriver and a small flathead screwdriver. Make sure both types of screwdrivers are in a good state, and also that their handles cannot conduct power as, in some steps, we have to open parts.
This process can be done in a few minutes, but as you are doing it for the first time, proceed slowly to avoid any mistakes. It may take 7 to 15 minutes to remove the entire system. Don’t try to be quick, as the process will costume a few minutes.
In the process, we will remove the ADT panel system by drawing the base unit first and then the keypad.
Here’s How to Remove an ADT Panel from Wall:
- Remove the transformer of the base unit.
- Unplug the cable, code, and remove the back cover.
- Remove the battery from the base unit system.
- Remove the keypad transformer.
- Unplug the keypad power cable and remove the holding screws.
- Slide the back cover and remove the keypad battery.
First, Remove the transformer of the base unit:
- As the base unit requires lower power voltage, it has a transformer attached to it via wire. The transformer will be plugged in near the outlets. Take care of transformer type since keypad transfer should be unplugged after the base unit transformer.
- Pick your flathead screwdriver, find the screw holding the transformer and remove the screw. Hold the transformer and Unplug it safely. There will be two power leads connected to the transformer that appears like red or blue wires, and after unplugging the transformer, remove those leads.
Next, Unplug the cable, and code, and remove the back cover:
- Two plug-type wires will be connected to the unit system box. You will find them on top of the system device. Unplug the ethernet cable and power cord.
- Now, You have to remove the cover screws to lift the init of the mount. Take your flathead screw and remove the back cover screw. Once the mounting unit would be lifted, remove the back cover from the wall.
Remove the battery from the base unit system:
- In the last step of removing the base unit, you have to remove the battery from the unit. First, Unplug the battery. Use your Phillips screwdriver and start Loosening the battery screws.
- After it, slide the battery holder back. Once the screw and cover will be removed, remove the battery.
Remove the keypad transformer:
- As we discussed in the first step, we will remove the keypad transformer after removing the base unit from the wall. have your flathead screwdriver, then remove the screw holding the transformer.
- Hold the transformer carefully then unplug it from the outlet. Like a base unit transformer, it also has leads connected to its bottom. Remove leads from the transformer with the use of a flathead screwdriver.
Unplug the keypad power cable and remove the holding screws:
- Before the last step, locate the keypad holding screw to remove the screw-holding keypad. Most keypads have holding screws at their bottom center.
- Now, Lift the unit off the mount. unplug the power cable carefully. Hold the wall mount and remove it from the wall.
Slide the back cover and remove the keypad battery:
- In the last step, you have to remove the keypad battery which is easier to do. First, unplug the battery. Use your Phillips screwdriver for loosening the battery screw.
- Next, Slide the battery holder back and remove the battery from the keypad.
Tip: Place the system in the bag to secure it.
You can use this if you’re planning to remove Old Adt Panel, and ADT Touch Panel, ADT Command Panel, Adt Dsc Panel, Adt Impassa Panel from Wall. however, some devices require modifications in the process to remove them.
You don’t have to be a great technician, everyone can do the process if the person knows how to use a screwdriver, which we know everyone knows.