Indesit washing machines are loaded with multiple features to make laundry work more easy and comfortable. The spin settings are a common feature you can find on a variety of Indesit washer models.
If you want to utilize this setting, you must know what it is, how long it takes, and how to use it effectively. Let’s understand all this!
Table of Contents
What is the Spin setting on the Indesit Washing Machine?
The “Spin” setting on an Indesit washing machine allows the user to select the spin speed at which the machine will spin the clothes during the final stage of the wash cycle. This cycle is used to remove excess water from the clothes before they are removed from the machine and helps to reduce drying time and energy consumption.
Typically, Indesit washing machines offer various spin speed options(a spin speed range of 400 to 1200 RPM), ranging from low to high. The specific options may vary depending on the model of the washing machine. Users can usually select the spin speed based on the laundry’s needs.
So, how long does a spin take on an Indesit washing machine?
In simple words, The time it takes for the Spin setting to complete can vary depending on the specific model of the Indesit washing machine. On average, it usually takes a few minutes. You can find the estimated spin time in your washing machine’s user manual or on the control panel of the appliance.
How to use the Spin Setting on an Indesit Washing Machine?
This is quite simple to use this setting. You just need to press the SPIN button repeatedly until the desired spin speed is selected on your Indesit washing machine. Some indesit washer modes show the indicator lights to indicate Spin phase of the cycle is currently in progress when it has been selected and has begun.
Here are some general guidelines for choosing the right spin speed for clothes:
- Delicate fabrics: 400-600 RPM
- Normal fabrics: 800-1000 RPM
- Towels and bedding: 1200 RPM
Below is a more detailed guide to using spin setting:
- First of all, One needs to load dirty clothes into the washing machine drum. Make sure not to overload it, as this can affect the efficiency of the Spin setting.
- Next, Choose the washing program that best suits your laundry. This will depend on the type of fabric, color, and level of soiling.
- Once you’ve selected your program, you can adjust the Spin setting. The SPIN button sets the spin speed or excludes the spin cycle completely. You’ll typically have options for different spin speeds. Higher speeds will remove more water, but they may not be suitable for delicate fabrics.
- Now, After setting the spin speed, start the machine. It will go through the washing and rinsing cycles and then move on to the spin cycle.
- The machine will spin your clothes at the speed you selected during the spin cycle. This action will remove excess water from your clothes.
- When the spin cycle is finished, your clothes will be damp but not soaking wet. You can now take them out of the washing machine and hang them to dry or put them in a dryer.
Note: The above-described instructions are common for all indesit washing machine models. So, you can use these instructions for every model.
Benefits of Spin Setting:
Using the Spin setting on the Indesit washing machine offers several benefits. If you know them, you can make the laundry work more easy.
- Faster Drying: The spin cycle removes most of the water, so your clothes dry faster. This saves us time and energy.
- Reduced Wrinkles: As we know the spin setting left less water in your clothes, and they come out of the machine with fewer wrinkles. Fewer wrinkles on clothes make ironing easier.
- Gentle on Fabrics: You can adjust the spin speed to be gentle on delicate fabrics, as this can preserve the quality of your clothes.
- Energy Efficiency: It reduces the energy needed for drying, helping you save on your electricity bill since your clothes are already partly dry after the spin cycle.
When not to use Spin Setting?
The above section of this guide clearly describes when one should use the spin setting, but there are some situations when you might want to avoid using it:
- Delicate Fabrics:
It’s advisable to skip the spin cycle altogether or set it to the lowest speed available for very delicate fabrics like silk, lace, or other fragile materials. Delicate fabrics can be easily damaged or stretched by high-speed spinning, so being gentle with them is essential to maintain their quality and integrity.
- Hand-Washed Items:
If you’ve taken the time to hand-wash certain items, it’s best to avoid the spin cycle altogether. Hand-washing is a more gentle process, and subjecting these items to the spinning motion can damage them or cause excessive wear and tear. Instead, you can gently press out excess water by hand and then proceed with air drying.
- Overloaded Machine:
Overloading your washing machine with too many clothes can compromise the efficiency of the spin cycle. It can lead to uneven distribution of weight and reduced effectiveness in removing excess water when there’s not enough space for the clothes to move freely during spinning. To avoid this, it’s a good practice to split your laundry into smaller, manageable loads. This not only ensures a more efficient spin but also prevents potential damage to the machine itself due to excessive strain.
The Spin setting on the Indesit washing machine is a handy feature that helps make the laundry more efficient. You can enjoy faster drying, reduced wrinkles, and energy savings by following the simple steps and choosing the appropriate spin speed.
Just remember to use it wisely to keep your clothes in great condition, especially for delicate fabrics and hand-washed items.