If your Indesit washing machine is taking too long, this will waste your time and may make you wonder. However, you can fix this issue in a few minutes without the help of anyone.
Just read this guide till the end. Technically, there are four different situations when a washing machine starts to take longer than usual and the timer.
Technically, A Indesit washing machine will take longer when the user operates it incorrectly or deals with water inlet-hose problems. Such as clogged inlet hose and insufficient water supply. Overloading or using too much detergent can also cause this problem.
Let’s dive in.
Table of Contents
Why is My Indesit Washing Machine Taking So Long?
There are four proven issues that an Indesit washing machine faces when it takes longer than usual. Make sure you’re following the user manual that comes with the new unit. In case you don’t have access to the user manual, read the third and four points carefully which we described next.
- Insufficient Water Supply: Every washing machine has a water requirement to wash clothes whether it’s an automatic or semi-automatic washer.
Most automatic Indesit washing machines get the required water in the drum through water-inlet hoses.
Usually, most washing machines have two types of inlet hoses; cold water and hot water. A washing machine usually starts to take longer when the flow or availability of water is less than it should be.
It means the water is coming less in inlet hoses connections. If the inlet hose of your Indesit washing machine is connected to a tap, make sure the tap is fully opened.
If the tap is not opened fully, it will supply less water to the washing drum and the machine will note the clothes are still dirty as the water level is less for a certain load quantity.
In case the washer is connected to a direct water supply, test it on a tap.
- Clogged Inlet Hose: By reading the first point, you might now know the importance of perfect water supply in inlet hoses. But sometimes the tap is fully open but the water supply still is less than required.
It is a clear sign that the connections or water entry point filters are clogged. You can find a small round filter inside the inlet hose connection where you connect the hose.
This filter prevents dirt and particles from entering the machine washing drum. This can be clogged when it has not been cleaned for many months. You have to remove the inlet hose to access this filter.
Our house taps don’t need to have clean water. That’s the reason most companies add an inlet water filter.
If your Indesit washing machine is brand new, the filter might not be the issue. Must check the next two points that mostly apply to new washing machine users.
- Overload: New users often make mistakes when they use a washing machine for the first time. The most common mistake they made is overloading the machine.
Not only Indesit, but every washing machine company also provides and informs a specific load capacity and weight limit to put in drum in single time.
If the unit drum capacity is 7 kg and you’re putting more clothes than this capacity, it makes the dum unbalanced.
If your washer takes 40 minutes to wash a 7 kg load, and you’re putting 8 Kg of clothes in the drum and expecting the cycle to finish within 40 minutes, you’re doing it incorrectly.
The machine will detect the load is still unwashed properly and will take 10 to 20 minutes more to finish that load.
The user manual given with the new unit declared that the user should only put the recommended weight of the load.
If the user makes the washing drum overloaded, this can cause several problems, such as it can burn the motor or increasing cycle time.
- Use of Too Much Detergent: Maybe you’re using the wrong soap that produces too much foam in the drum, or maybe you’re using too much detergent that does the same.
Indesit washing machines can analyze the amount of form in their drum. If the foam is too much in the washing drum along with the load, the washer notices that the clothes are not perfectly washed.
To reduce the soap or detergent foam, the drum takes more spins and cycles to ensure that foam is removed through drained water and the clothes are ready.
This feature is mostly engineered in automatic machines. But in our experience, every front loader can take longer than usual when the detergent foam has still existed at the end of the cycle.
How to Fix an Indesit Washing Machine That’s Taking Longer than Usual?
Fortunately, you don’t need to have any tools to fix this issue in your washing machine. Just know what the actual problem is as we listed above. Make sure you check for all the possible causes and don’t skip anyone if the single fix didn’t work.
Here’s how you can fix an Indesit washing machine that takes longer than usual
- Make sure the detergent you use is not making enough foam with a small amount. Don’t use specific or fixed amounts of detergent because you should only use soap or detergent quantity based on the requirement.
- For example, test how much foam your detergent is masking if there is a lot of foam, consider using less amount than the last use.
- Check the water supply to the washing machine. Open the tap fully if the inlet hose is connected to it. Just be sure there is enough water flow in the inlet hoses.
- Remove the inlet hoses located at the back side on top. Check whether there is a clog or not. If the hose filter or hose itself is clogged, clean it out. Don’t use a sharper item to unclog the component because it can cut the component and cause water leakage.
- Test different sizes of load sizes. If the washing machine takes longer when the load is 7 kg, consider reducing the wait time. It can fix the issue if the problem was created unbalanced and overloaded.
- Make sure, you don’t put clothes on without checking their weight. For example, if the washing machine’s capacity is 7 kg, take a load of less than 7 Kg.
How to Reduce Time In the Indesit Washing Machine?
This is possible to reduce time in an Indesit washing machine. Even no tool is needed to do this.
Just manually troubleshoot the device and note what is causing the issue. Just take the hoses and filters clean and the water supply up to an okay point.
Once you will start using accurate and recommended load sizes and taking care of detergent amounts, this will reduce time in any washing machine.
Many people don’t spend hours standing with laundry devices, so if you’re also this type of person, operate the machine as the company recommends. Be sure you also take care of appliances.