If you just turn on your Maytag washer and its spin light is blinking or the spin cycle stopped in mid-cycle and starts blinking spin light, your appliance is dealing with an internal issue.
This light only flashes only when the system detects malfunctioning. However, you can solve it once you detect the actual cause.
Technically, the Maytag washer spin light blinks when it faces an issue during draining water. It could happen when the drain is clogged, the drain pumps run continuously but the water level doesn’t change, or the drain pump doesn’t work.
Let’s understand what steps you should take to clear the spin light blinking on your Maytag washer.
Table of Contents
Maytag Centennial Washer Spin Light Blinking?
Maytag washers can come in many models, but their lights blink for the same reason. It means whether it is a centennial washer or bravos, it means the same when both models’ spin light blinks.
Must check how the dirty and soap water is draining from the machine.
If the water is still there when the appliance drain program is running, this means the washer is dealing with an issue that is preventing the washer from removing the waste.
The spic light can be fixed when the drain pump works well and the washer detects a change in water level when the pump is running.
In addition, you must check how far the drain hose is going inside the waste line. If the drain hose is not draining into the standpipe, you must check how the drain water is draining through the floor drain line.
The main reason behind the spin link blinking is not changing in water level when the drain pump runs continuously for more than 10 minutes.
It means the washer detects that dirty water is not going out from the washing drum.
If the drain hose is too far inside a 2 – 3 inches gutter pipe, this will create overflow in the washer and water will come back into the machine.
Once the water comes back into the drum, the machine system will detect that water is still in the drum after running the drain pump.
It means the washer deals with the problem and the washer indicates to the user that the machine will not spin because it fails to drain water and clean water will not add to the drum.
Maytag Bravos Washer Spin Light Blinking?
If your Maytag bravos washer spin light remains on, must check the drain pump working. If the drain pump is on but it is not draining water or overflow is created, your bravo washer is informing you to check the drain hose.
These washers also have a drain filter, if that filter is clogged it will not allow the waste water to get away from the wash basket. This filter stops small particles from entering the drain pump.
This helps prevent clogging in the drain pump and ensures that no particle can affect the working drain pump.
You can access the drain filter in the front bottom right side of your washer. Just open the cap and remove all the particles from the filter and make it clean.
If this is the problem, the spin light will turn on once you restart the appliance.
However, if the drain pump is not working, you have to replace it. You check how far is the drain hose inside the line. Just take it about 2 – 3 inches inside the gutter line only.
Must check if the drain hose is clogged or not. You can take the hose out from the standpipe and see if the water is coming out when the drain pump is running.
How to Fix the Maytag Bravos Spin Light Blinking?
You should first reset your Maytag washer when its spin light is blinking. If it doesn’t fix the issue, you have to repair the device. No need to do anything with the circuit board as this problem is only caused by drain issues.
- Tools required: A screwdriver, thin metal strong wire, and a new drain pump if it is faulty.
- Time: 15 – 25 minutes
The following are steps to fix the spin light blinking problem in the Maytag washer:
- If the reset doesn’t work, unplug your washing machine.
- Open the drain filter cap and look if it is clogged or not, you can find it in the front bottom right side. Remove all the dirt from the filter and make it clean. If it is okay:
- Have a screwdriver and open its back panel. Consider collecting all the opened screws in one container, thus they can’t be lost.
- Remove all the water from the washing drum manually.
- Now access the drain pump and see if it is clogged or working or not. Disengage it from the washer. See if any component of the pump is burnt. The drain pump can also college if the filter is broken.
- Remove the drain hose from the drain pump connection. Check if the drain hose is clogged or not. To test it, manually pour some water into the hose and see if the water is flowing fine through the hose. In case the water won’t come through another end and stay in the hose. It means the drain hose is clogged.
- Use a thin metal strong wire and put it inside the hose pipe. Hit the wire on the clogged area and try to remove the stuck dirt from the pipe. This will unclog the hose. If the hose is not clogged, check the drain pump working.
- You have to replace the drain pump if it is not draining the water and the spin light remains on for a long time.
- After replacing the drain pump, assemble the pack panel in the washer. Attach the drain hose back to the connection. Make sure the drain hose goes only 2 – 3 inches far inside the standpipe.
- Plugin the washer again and run a spin cycle. All done!
You must check each part that plays role in draining dirty water as the spin light only blinks when the user detects drain water is still inside the washer after running the drain pump. Don’t replace the drain pump until you verify that it is faulty.