Samsung ovens typically turn on only when the user presses the power start button/option. If your samsung oven turns on itself, this is a sign of a fault in the central unit. This is a rare issue but should be fixed soon.
This issue can occur when the main control board is faulty, the power switch fails or debris/moisture builds up in the control panel. You will need to inspect these internal parts of your oven to fix the actual source of the problem.
Fixing this issue requires technical knowledge, repair tools, and experience. Let’s understand the causes in-depth and ways to fix the oven that’s turning on by itself.
Table of Contents
Reasons Samsung oven turning on by itself?
You will need to check two things in your oven if your oven is turning on by itself. First is a faulty control board and moisture on it. Let’s discuss these causes in depth.
- Faulty Control Board:
One potential cause of your Samsung oven turning on by itself is a defective control board. This is the main control board which is located behind the control panel.
Technically, The control board serves as the command center of the oven. This element is responsible for coordinating its various functions. If the control board malfunctions, it may send erroneous signals.
Wrong signals can result in the oven activating without any user input. Replacing the faulty control board with a new one can rectify this problem. You will need to remove the control panel board first to access the main control board.
- Debris or Moisture in the Control Panel:
Another possible cause of spontaneous activation is the accumulation of debris or moisture in the control panel.
Over time, food particles, dust, and moisture can find their way into the control panel. When this occurs, this leads to button sticking or trigger malfunctions.
It is crucial to inspect and clean the control panel thoroughly, using a soft cloth and mild detergent. Ensure that no residue or moisture remains.
Additionally, check for any signs of water damage or leaks near the oven.
How to fix a Samsung oven that turns on by itself?
Practically, it requires technical knowledge, specialized repair tools, and experience to fix an oven that turns on by itself. It is highly recommended to contact a qualified technician who can accurately diagnose the problem and perform the necessary repairs. This ensures a safe and effective resolution of the issue.
However, you can try these things to fix this issue yourself:
In some cases, a simple reset can resolve the issue of the oven activating spontaneously. Locate the circuit breaker that supplies power to the Samsung oven and turn it off for a few minutes.
After the allocated time, switch the breaker back on. This reset process helps clear temporary glitches or errors in the oven’s system and can restore it to normal operation.
If the above steps don’t fix the issue, you will need to replace the control board. Here’s how to test and replace the control board:
The tools needed are a screwdriver, pliers, a multimeter (optional), a flashlight, protective gloves (optional), and a pen and paper or a camera.
The below are steps:
- Disconnect the power source and gather the necessary tools.
- Remove the control panel screws and pull out the panel.
- Test the control board using a multimeter (optional).
- Disconnect wires and connectors from the old control board.
- Remove screws/fasteners and take out the old control board.
- Position and secure the new control board.
- Reconnect wires and connectors to the new control board.
- Reconnect the power source and test the functionality.
- Reattach the control panel and secure it with screws.
- Ensure all connections are secure and properly seated.
How to reset the Samsung oven?
Shorts steps to reset a Samsung oven:
- Locate the circuit breaker.
- Identify the correct breaker.
- Switch off the breaker.
- Wait for a few minutes.
- Switch on the breaker.
- Test the oven.
Steps in-depth to reset the samsung oven:
- Find the circuit breaker panel in your home, typically located in the basement, utility room, or near the main electrical panel.
- Look for the breaker that supplies power to your Samsung oven. Breakers are labeled, and you can usually find a diagram or list indicating which breaker corresponds to each area of your home.
- Flip the switch of the identified breaker to the “off” position. This action will cut off the power supply to the oven.
- Allow for a waiting period of approximately 3-5 minutes. This time allows the oven’s internal components to fully power down and reset.
- After the waiting period, flip the breaker switch back to the “on” position. This will restore power to the oven.
- Test the oven to see if the issue of it turning on by itself has been resolved once the power is restored. Monitor its behavior for a period of time to ensure it remains off until intentionally activated.
If you encounter the problem of your Samsung oven turning on by itself, it is crucial to address it promptly. This unusual occurrence indicates a fault in the central unit, such as a faulty control board or the presence of debris/moisture in the control panel.
Seeking professional assistance from a qualified technician is highly recommended to diagnose and fix the issue accurately. Alternatively, you can try resetting the oven as a temporary solution.