If your Speed Queen washer door light is blinking, and don’t know what it means, this guide is for you. It’s important to address the reasons behind the blinking door lock light quickly to avoid further issues. Whether it’s a Speed Queen commercial washer door light flashing, or a non-commercial washer, we’ll explore why this happens and provide tips to fix the problem.
Typically, every Speed Queen washer door light starts blinking while the door re-locks. However, if it keeps flashing, the door fails to lock or unlock properly. Try to close and lock the door properly, if the issue persists, you may need to check the door switch and lock latch assembly to fix the issue.
Let’s dive deeper into the guide to understand it in-depth!
Table of Contents
What is the Door Light on Speed Queen Washer?
The ‘Door Lock’ light on a Speed Queen washer indicates whether the washer’s door is securely closed and locked. This is a safety feature that prevents the door from accidentally opening during a wash cycle. If the light is on, it means that the door is properly closed and locked, and the washer is ready to begin a cycle. However, if the light is flashing or not illuminated, it may indicate a problem with the door lock mechanism or the washer’s control board.
Why does Speed Queen Washer Door Light Blinking?
If your Speed Queen washer door lock blinks, it is not a fault sign, it’s just information that the door relocks. In case it is continuously blinking unusually, the door might fail to lock or unlock properly.
Technically, when the machine is in Door Locking Mode, the door of the Speed Queen washer is designed to lock within 15 seconds. If it doesn’t, the control system will enter Door Lock Error Mode and turn off all outputs while flashing the DOOR LED light one second on and one second off.
Similarly, if the machine is in Door Unlocking Mode and the door doesn’t unlock within 3 minutes, the control system will also enter Door Lock Error Mode and flash the DOOR LED light.
This door lock light indicates a door lock or unlocks error and may require checking if the door is properly closed and if any obstructions are preventing it from locking. Moreover, the unit will not work unless the door re-locks and its light stop blinking.
Commonly, Speed Queen washers flash all lights situated on the control board time-to-time to represent fault and program progress.
How to Stop Speed Queen Washer Door Light from Blinking?
If we talk about the working of Speed Queen washers, their door light stops from blinking automatically once it re-locks. However, if there is an issue, the user needs to address the issue manually to stop it from flashing.
To stop the door light on your Speed Queen washer from blinking, you will need to address the underlying issue that is causing the error.
Here’s how to do this:
- Check if the door is properly closed: Make sure the door is fully closed and latched. Sometimes the door can appear closed, but not be fully secured, which can cause the door light to blink. To do this, open the door, and close it with little force.
- Check for obstructions: If something is preventing the door from locking properly, such as clothing or debris, the door light may blink. Check the door seal and remove any obstructions if necessary.
- Reset the machine: Unplug the washer from the power source for a few minutes and then plug it back in. This can sometimes reset the control system and stop the door light from blinking.
- Replace faulty part: If the problem persists, maybe the issue is in the control board or the door lock latch assembly. Replacing the door lock latch assembly and control board requires proper knowledge and technician skills + experience. However, the following is how to replace the control board and door lock latch assembly.
Replacing the Control Board of the Speed Queen washer:
- Unplug the washer from the electrical outlet.
- Remove the screws that hold the top panel in place and lift the panel off.
- Locate the control panel at the top of the washer and remove the screws that hold it in place.
- Carefully tilt the control panel forward and disconnect the wires that are connected to the control board.
- Remove the screws that hold the control board in place and carefully remove the board.
- Take note of the location of each wire connection on the old control board for reassembly.
- Install the new control board and screw it into place.
- Reconnect the wires to the new control board in their appropriate locations.
- Reassemble the control panel by following the above steps in reverse order.
- Plug the washer back in and test to make sure the control board is working properly.
Replacing the Door Lock Latch Assembly of the Speed Queen washer:
- Unplug the washer from the electrical outlet.
- Open the washer door and locate the screws that hold the door lock latch assembly in place.
- Remove the screws that hold the assembly in place.
- Carefully remove the old door lock latch assembly and disconnect the wires that are connected to it.
- Install the new door lock latch assembly and connect the wires to their appropriate locations.
- Screw the new assembly into place.
- Close the washer door and plug the washer back in.
- Test to make sure the door lock latch assembly is working properly.
Make sure the door is unlocked as this door light only blinks during door re-lock. If it is blinking continuously, you need to stop it manually. You need to resolve the underlying issue causing the error. This may include checking that the door is properly closed or removing any obstructions. If the problem persists, follow the fixing steps outlined in this guide.