Although Bosch washing machines are high-performance appliances, they can encounter problems from time to time, such as error codes and working-related issues. In this article, we’ll explore what Bosch washing machine error code e61 means, and how you can fix it. It is one of the most common error codes that Bosch washers displayed as feedback represents.
The E61 code on the Bosch washing machine tells of an issue with the door lock system, which stops the machine from starting a cycle. This can be caused by faulty lock latch assembly, wiring issues, and malfunctioning in the control board.
Let’s understand how you can resolve this Bosch E61 error code.
Table of Contents
What does E61 mean on a Bosch Washing Machine?
Most of us don’t know about all the error codes of Bosch washing machines that we may encounter. However, being aware of each code is a good thing as we can fix one when it is encountered.
In simple words, when you see the E61 error code displaying on your Bosch washing machine, the door lock system is not functioning properly. Your machine is telling you that it is having trouble locking the door properly, which can prevent it from starting a cycle.
Now you know what this error code means and the main reason for it, but there are other possible reasons why the door lock does not work. Here they are all:
- Faulty door lock mechanism: Over time, the door lock mechanism of the washing machine may become worn out or damaged, resulting in issues with the door lock system.
- Wiring problems: Loose or damaged wiring between the control board and door lock assembly can also cause issues with the door lock system. If the wiring is damaged, it may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Faulty control board: The control of the washing machine is responsible for showing the error code on display. If it is faulty, it can cause error E61 without encountering issues with the door lock system. In this case, the control board may need to be repaired or replaced.
- Sensor issues: The door lock system may have sensors or a switch that detects whether the door is closed or not. If the sensor or switch is faulty or dirty, it may not work properly and cause issues with the door lock system.
What is Error Code E61 on Bosch Serie 6?
In our research, we found that users of Bosch Serie 6 washing machines mostly face the E61 error code. Although this model is popular for its advanced features and efficient performance yet it can encounter issues from time to time.
In case your Bosch Serie 6 washing machine encounters the E61 error code, this indicates an issue with its door latch mechanism. The machine faces challenges in securing the door, which may hinder it from commencing a cycle.
However, whatever the model of Bosch washers you own, by following the below section, you will be able to fix the E61 error code.
How to Fix E61 on Bosch Washing Machine?
There is no single method to fix the E61 error. There are several things that you can try to fix the issue. The main thing is to know the cause first, and directly fixing it will become simple.
Here’s how to fix the Bosch Washer E61 error:
- Check the door lock: Checking the door lock of your Bosch washing machine is an important step in diagnosing the E61 error code.
- To begin, first, unplug your machine, and then locate the door lock mechanism. This component is typically located on the front of the machine, near the door hinge.
- Check the lock for any visible damage or wear and tear, and make sure it is securely attached to the machine. If it is damaged, you will need to replace it.
- If the lock seems to be in good condition, you can also check the wiring and connections to ensure they are secure.
- Inspect the wiring and connections: Sometimes, the door lock may simply be loose or not connected properly. Check the wiring and connections to ensure that everything is secure.
- To check wiring connections, first, unplug your washing machine. It requires removing the top or back panel of the machine to access the wiring.
- Once you have access to wires, Use a multimeter to test the continuity of the wiring and ensure there are no breaks or shorts.
- Once you have inspected these components, you can plug the machine back in and see if the E61 error code disappears.
- If the issue persists, maybe the control board is faulty.
- Check the control board: Sometimes malfunctioning with the control board causes error codes without having issues in other components of the washer.
- To check and test the control board of your Bosch washing machine, start by unplugging the machine from the power source.
- Next, remove the top panel of the machine to access the control board. Inspect the control board for any visible damage or burn marks, and check all connections to ensure they are secure.
- If there are no visible issues, use a multimeter to test the voltage and continuity of the control board.
- If the control board is found to be faulty, it may need to be replaced or repaired.
- Reduce the load: Overloading the washing machine can sometimes trigger the E61 error code. It is because when you overfill the drum, sometimes it becomes harder for the door to get fully locked. Try reducing the load and running the machine again to see if the code disappears.
- Ensure the door is closed properly: Make sure that the washing machine door is closed properly and latched securely. If it is not closed all the way, the machine will not start.
Technically, your washing machine will not work until the error code E61 gets fixed. However, once the door is securely locked and the door sensor or control boards work fine, this code will clear away automatically.