If you own an Amana washer, you may have encountered the error code NF. In case you don’t know what NF means on Amana washer, this guide is for you. We’ve explained everything you need to know about NF error code and how you can fix it In this article.
Technically, the NF error code is usually displayed on the Amana washer’s control panel when it is unable to fill with water within a certain time frame. Check the water pressure in the intel hose and correct it. Once the issue is resolved, the alert will be clear.
Below, we’ve gathered important information regarding the NF error code on the Amana washer.
Table of Contents
What does NF Error Code mean on Amana Washer?
The NF error code on an Amana washer indicates a problem with the machine’s water supply. Specifically, it means that the washer is unable to fill with water in the allotted time. This can occur for several reasons, including water supply issues, faulty inlet hoses, malfunctioning control board, and blockage in pipes and inlet filters.
Some Amana washers flash lights to show errors, and some models display the warnings in form of error codes.
Let’s discuss these reasons in depth:
- Water supply issues: Water is essential to be filled to the proper level and with the correct pressure. If the water supply to the washer is not sufficient or the water pressure is too low, the washer may not be able to fill with water. When this issue comes, the water pressure sensor sends a signal to the control board about less water pressure, and by default, the control board shows the NF code when it gets less water pressure info from the sensor.
- Clogged water inlet valve and filter: If the water inlet valve or an inlet filter is clogged with debris or mineral buildup, the washer may not be able to fill with water. These items should be cleaned for each use.
- Faulty water inlet valve: If the water inlet valves of your Amana washer are faulty, they may not be able to open properly and allow water into the washer. The possibility is less that this could be the issue, but you should consider checking this also when this error comes.
- Malfunctioning control board: If the control board is malfunctioning, this will cause software and working-related problems randomly. However, inspecting the control board manually is the only way to determine the working of the control board.
How to Fix NF Error Code on Amana Washer?
Now that you know what the NF error code means, let’s discuss how you can fix it. There are various methods to clean this Amana washer error code. Try each method, so you will get it done.
Follow the below steps to clear the NF error:
- Reset the unit: as we discussed before, sometimes a temporary glitches in the washing machine circuit board creates error codes for no reason. So you must reset the unit first before proceeding with other fixes.
First, isolate the washer from the mains, and plug it back in after 5 minutes. This will reset the unit, if the error code still persists, proceed with the next steps.
- Check the water supply: Now, ensure that the water supply to your Amana washer is turned on and that there is sufficient water pressure.
If the water pressure is too low, you may need to increase it by adjusting the water supply valve. Fully open the inlet hose valves to allow the water to come in full flow.
- Check the water inlet valve and Inlet filter: The water inlet valve is responsible for allowing water into the washer, and the inlet filter traps the dirt from the water supply. If any part from these two is clogged with debris or mineral buildup, the water may not be able to go in the drum with proper pressure.
To check the water inlet valve, you will need to turn off the water supply to the washer and disconnect the hoses from the valve. Clean the valve with a soft-bristled brush and reattach the hoses.
- Replace the water inlet valve if necessary: In case the water inlet valve is faulty and cannot be repaired, you will need to replace it. You can order a replacement valve online or purchase one from your local appliance parts store. Make sure you get the right valve according to the model of your Amana washer.
To replace the valve, turn off the water supply to the washer, disconnect the hoses from the valve, and remove the valve from the washer. Install the new valve and reattach the hoses.
- Check the control board: If none of the above solutions work, the control board may be malfunctioning. To check the control board, you will need to use a multimeter to test the voltage at the water inlet valve.
First of all, you must unplug the unit to test out the control board. Take help of a technician if you’re not sure. If the voltage is not correct and continuity is not on point, you may need to replace the control board.
To get the right control board for replacement, know the model number of your washer first. Then find the exact required part according to model number.
Once you have the new control board, disconnect the wiring from the faulty one. Remove the bad board and fit a new one there. Connect the wiring to the new control board and run the washer again to test its working. We hope, now the Amana washer error code NF is cleared on your unit.
The NF error code on an Amana washer is “No Fill”, an indication of a water supply issue. By following the troubleshooting steps outlined in this article, you should be able to resolve the issue and get your washer back up and running.
Always keep the water supply pressure and level up to point, which will prevent this error code in the future from occurring again.