If you’re dealing with a flashing sensing fill light on your Amana washer and don’t know what it means, this guide is for you. Next, we’ll explain what’s causing this issue and give you some quick and easy fixes to get your washer back in working order.
Technically, if the Amana washer is facing an issue in filling the right amount of water with the correct pressure in the drum, you will experience sensing fill light is flashing. However, once the inlet hoses again work well, this light will automatically stop blinking.
Let’s dive deeper to understand when Amana washer’s sensing fills light flashes.
Table of Contents
What is Sensing Fill Light on Amana Washer?
The Sensing Fill Light on an Amana washer is an indicator that tells the user the washer is having trouble filling up with water. It is usually located on the machine’s control panel and starts flashing when the washer detects an issue with water filling during the wash cycle.
This feature is designed to prevent water wastage and ensure that the washer operates efficiently. Understanding the Sensing Fill Light on your Amana washer is essential to ensure proper maintenance and avoid any potential issues with your appliance.
Why is Amana Washer Sensing Fill Light Flashing?
The flashing sensing fill light on an Amana washer can indicate a few different issues. In simple words, your unit is showing an error message.
Here are some possible causes why the sensing fill light is flashing:
- Water Supply Issue: As this light flashing shows a water supply issue, always check that the water supply to the washer is turned on and that the hoses are not kinked or damaged. In case the water supply is okay, the problem may be a clogged or malfunctioning water inlet valve. After using a washer for a long period, sometimes its intel hoses get clogged with dirt buildup. Moreover, some Amana washers have inlet filters connected to inlet hose connections, which can also cause these water issues when they get clogged.
- Electronic control board issue: If the sensing fills light continues to flash after checking the water supply and drainage, it may be a problem with the electronic control board. This is a printed circuit board located behind the control panel cover of your Amana washer. This board shows every Amana washer error code by flashing lights according to the issue. If the control board is found faulty, In this case, it will need to be repaired or replaced. A Printed circuit board is only repaired by a technician, so don’t touch it if you have no experience.
- Sensor malfunction: The sensing fill light may be flashing due to a malfunction in the water level sensor. This can also be repaired or replaced. The water level sensor tells the control board about the water level in the drum, if it is faulty, it fails to provide this information, resulting in a flashing sensing fills light.
Also Read: Amana Washer Rinse Light Flashing? Why + Fix
How to Stop Sensing Fill Light from Flashing?
This is simple to fix flashing sensing fill light. First of all, unplug the unit from the mains. Now firstly, ensure that the water supply to your washer is turned on and that the hoses are not damaged or kinked. If the water supply was off, this was causing the issue.
If the water supply is okay, check the washer’s inlet hose for any blockages that could prevent proper water filling. A clogged inlet hose can cause the sensing to fill light to keep flashing and prevent the washer from filling with water.
So, first, turn off the water supply to remove the inlet hoses. Put a thin wire in the inlet hoses to check clogs. If the wire comes from one to another end smoothly, the hose is not clogged.
If the water supply and drain hoses are clear, the problem could be a malfunctioning water inlet valve or a faulty electronic control board. In this case, you should take the help of a technician to test out the printed circuit board.
Another possible cause of the flashing sensing fill light is a malfunctioning water level sensor. This can also be repaired or replaced by a qualified technician. However, the chances are fewer that the water level sensor is the reason behind this error in your Amana washer.
In summary, to stop the sensing fill light from flashing on your Amana washer, check the water supply and drain hoses for any blockages, and repair or replace the faulty part if the problem persists.
How to prevent the Sensing Fill Light from flashing on Amana Washer in the future?
There are some helpful steps you can take to prevent the Sensing Fill Light from flashing on your Amana Washer in the future. We discussed them in following:
- Check water supply once a week: If your washer is not getting enough water supply, it can also cause the Sensing Fill Light to flash. You should check that the water supply valves are fully open and that the water pressure is adequate.
- Keep the Washer Clean: A dirty washer can cause various issues, including a flashing Sensing Fill Light, error codes, and blockage in hoses. Regularly cleaning the washer drum, detergent dispenser, and lint filter can help prevent this issue.
- Repair or replace faulty parts: If you notice any signs of wear or damage to the water inlet valve, control board, or other parts of the washer, it’s best to have them repaired or replaced as soon as possible to prevent future issues.
Practically, the flashing sensing fill light on your Amana washer can be caused by various issues, including water supply problems, electronic control board malfunctions, or sensor malfunctions. Checking the water supply and inlet hoses for any blockages and seeking professional help if necessary can help resolve the issue quickly and efficiently.
Moreover, you should also consider resetting the washer first. Sometimes a temporary fault causes errors and flashes lights randomly for no reason. However, if the unit still flashes light, address the exact issue.