Have you ever encountered an “ER NF” error code on your Speed Queen washer? This error code can be frustrating, especially when you’re not sure what it means or how to fix it. In this article, we’ll help you understand what the “ER NF” error code means on the Speed Queen washer and provide some steps to help you troubleshoot and resolve the issue.
Technically, the ER NF only occurs on the speed queen washer when water is not coming in sufficient pressure, and the drum is not able to be filled with the right water level to run the wash cycle. This will get fixed once enough water will start coming into the drum.
Let’s dive deeper into the guide to explore more about Speed queen washer ER NF error.
Table of Contents
What Does ER NF mean on a Speed Queen Washer?
If you’re seeing the error code “ER NF” on your Speed Queen washer, it usually means there’s a problem with the machine’s water supply. Specifically, “ER” stands for “Error,” while “NF” stands for “No Fill.” This means that your washer is not receiving enough water through inlet hoses to properly operate, and it’s unable to start or complete a cycle.
First, you need to encounter why your Speed Queen washer is not receiving enough water. However, there could be several reasons. For example, the water supply valve may be turned off or malfunctioning, there could be a clog or kink in the water supply hose, or the water pressure may be too low.
Another possible reason could be a problem with the washer’s control board, which is responsible for regulating water flow.
To troubleshoot the issue, you will need to start by checking your water supply valve and making sure it’s turned on and functioning properly. If that doesn’t solve the problem, inspect the water supply hose for any kinks or clogs, and ensure that the water pressure is sufficient.
If you’re still unable to resolve the issue, read the next section of this guide to diagnose and fix this problem.
How to Clear ER NF Error Code on a Speed Queen Washer?
To clear the “ER NF” error code on your Speed Queen washer, you’ll need to troubleshoot the issue and address the underlying problem causing the error.
Here are some steps to reset speed queen error nf:
- Reset the unit: before testing any hardware of your washer, always reset it when any error comes. Just unplug it from the socket and plug it back in after 5 minutes. If the error still persists, follow next steps.
- Check the water supply: The first thing you should do is check the water supply valve to make sure it’s turned on and provide water to your washer. If the valve is turned off or malfunctioning, it can prevent your washer from receiving enough water and trigger the “ER NF” error code. Open the water supply valve to fill the water flow.
- Inspect the water supply hose: Check the water supply hose for any kinks, clogs, or damage that may be restricting water flow. If the hose is damaged, replace it with a new one. In case it seems okay, proceed with the next step.
- Check the water pressure: Make sure the water pressure in your home is sufficient to supply water to your washer. If the water pressure is too low, your washer may not receive enough water to operate correctly. Your speed queen washer has a sensor to analyze the water pressure, if it determines lower water pressure than required, this causes an NF error. So, get the water pressure of your home to the best point to increase the water pressure in your washer’s inlet hoses.
- Clean the inlet screens: Over time, debris and mineral buildup can clog the inlet screens on your washer. If you find them dirty or clogged, clean them.
- To clean them, turn off the water supply and remove the hoses from the back of the washer. Use a soft brush to gently scrub the screens clean, then reattach the hoses.
- Check the control board: If the above steps don’t resolve the issue, there may be a problem with the washer’s control board. In this case, you will need to replace the control board after testing it. You should test it first before replacing it.
How to Prevent the ER NF Error Code from Occurring?
Preventing the “ER NF” error code on your Speed Queen washer involves proper maintenance and regular inspections of your water supply.
Here are some tips to help you avoid the NF error code:
- Check the water supply regularly: Make it a habit to inspect your water supply valve and hose for any kinks, clogs, or damage that could prevent water from flowing properly. If you notice any issues, address them immediately before they lead to an error code.
- Use the right detergent: Be sure to use a high-efficiency detergent that’s designed for your Speed Queen washer. Using the wrong type of detergent or using too much can cause suds to build up and trigger an error code.
- Clean the washer regularly: Buildup of detergent residue, dirt, and debris can cause your washer to malfunction and trigger error codes. Clean your washer regularly, including the drum, detergent dispenser, and door seal.
By following these preventative measures, you can help keep your Speed Queen washer running smoothly and avoid the frustration of the “ER NF” error code.
As we discussed above, The “ER NF” error code on your Speed Queen washer means there’s a problem with the water supply. Try checking the water supply valve, hose, and pressure, as well as cleaning the inlet screens.
Just remember to keep the water supply on to inlet hoses. Once the water starts coming in right flow and pressure, this error code will be clear automatically.