In this post, I’ll describe when the F29 error code displays on the Bosch washing machine, and how you can clear it if it is displayed.
This is not a common error, it means it requires proper knowledge of its occurrence and reasons. In short, it is a water inlet flow-related error code. Let’s understand it in depth.
Table of Contents
What does F29 mean on Bosch Washing Machine?
Technically, when the flow sensor detects no water pressure through inlet hoses, the main control board represents the F29 code symbol on the washing machine’s display panel. This informs users to check the inlet hoses and water pressure through them to start the wash cycle.
Moreover, your Bosch washing machine will not work until the flow sensor again detects sufficient water flow. You will need to check all the components that work in supplying the water to the drum.
For instance, the water supply mechanism of the washer includes inlet hoses, valves, a water line, and an inlet filter. So, if any one of these components causes an issue in entering the water into the washer’s drum, the pressure of the water will get reduced. As a result, flow sensors cause an error as it determines there is no water entering.
As we know. The drum should have water in it to start cleaning clothes and running any wash cycle. If the flow sensor detects no water entering the drum, the control board prevents the wash program from running.
However, this issue can be fixed, once you know the real cause in the unit, which is preventing water from entering through the water flow sensor.
What Causes F29 Error Code on Bosch Washing Machine?
This is important to know where the fault is and what is the fault behind the error code. but, to fix that error code, we have to know what causes the fault in that component. In simple words. First, the user needs to find the real cause in their unit to fix it at the right time.
As you know now, the F29 code means the issue is with the flow sensor not detecting water entering the system, you need to know what prevents the water from entering the system,
Here’re the possible causes of the F29 error code behind its occurrence:
- If there is the low water pressure in the water supply line, it can cause a situation where water is not entering the washing machine properly. This happens when there is less water in the water supply line of your house or a blockage in the line.
- If there are kinks, twists or blockages in the water inlet hose of your washer, it can prevent water from flowing into it. That’s why It’s important to make sure that the hoses are securely connected to the water supply valve and the washing machine and are not damaged.
- A blocked water inlet filter can also cause water flow issues. Most new users don’t know what this filter is and where they can access it. Typically, This filter is usually located at the end of the water inlet hose that is connected to the washing machine. It’s necessary to cleanse or replace the filter to ensure proper water flow.
- Make sure that you have securely closed the door of the washing machine before starting the program. The washing machine will not work If its door is not properly closed.
How to Fix an F29 Error on a Bosch Washing Machine?
- First of all, check the water supply to your washing machine. Make sure the water supply valve is turned on and the water pressure is sufficient. Less water in the water supply line of your house can also cause the situation of low water pressure. If the low water pressure is deleted in the water supply, check the water in the tank, and make sure there is no blockage in the line.
- Look at the water inlet hose for any kinks, twists, or blockages that may be preventing water from flowing into the machine. There is a hose that is located behind the washer and supplies water to the washer. Just make sure both hoses are not damaged and are securely connected to the water supply valve and washing machine.
- If the water supply and hoses look fine, then check the water inlet filter for any blockages. This filter is usually located at the end of the water inlet hose that is connected to the washing machine. First, remove the hose to access the filter. Now remove it and Clean it with a clean cloth and brush. Moreover, Replace the filter if necessary.
- You should also check the door of the washing machine to make sure it is securely closed as not properly closed doors will not allow starting the program.
- If all the above steps do not resolve the issue, it may be necessary to replace the flow sensor or call a qualified technician to diagnose and repair the problem.
If you see an F29 error code on your bosch washing machine, check the water pressure and availability in inlet hoses as the flow sensor detects no water entering issue. To resolve this error code, ensure that every component working in filling clean water from tank to washer is working well and is not creating any issues in water flow. Once you do these steps, this code will possibly get removed from the display of the washer.
We hope reading this guide you’ve successfully fixed the bosch washing machine error F29. You should also consider taking the help of a technician when you’re not sure.