Cleaning an air fryer is simple, it just requires time, effort, and the right cleaning method. In addition, you should also have to know which unit is safe to wash with the dishwasher and which requires just hand cleaning.
For example, if you own a Gourmia air fryer, first you’ve to know if is it dishwasher safe or not. Thus, mistakes will be avoided.
The Gourmia Air Fryer’s gasket and crisper tray are dishwasher safe, even hand-washable. However, you cannot put the main unit in the dishwasher. You cannot wash the electrical part with water and other parts, such as the control panel, and the upper electrical parts.
We’ve described everything you know before putting the Gourmia air fryer in the dishwasher.
Table of Contents
Is the Gourmia Air Fryer Dishwasher Safe?
Cleaning is a necessary task when it comes to maintaining the performance and look of an appliance. Sometimes food gets stuck in the basket and as it is recommended to clean the air fryer every wash, we’ve to take it fresh and ready for another use.
Gourmia air fryers have a non-stick basket called a food drawer which is safe to put in the dishwasher. It also has a crisper tray which often gets oily and is also fine to clean in the dishwasher.
You just have to make sure that you can’t put every part of the Gourmia air fryer in the dishwasher. The company itself officially mentioned its non-stick basket and the crisper tray is dishwasher safe.
As a user, you also have to care about some points when you wash anything in the dishwasher. As we know, drawers and crisper trays are allowed to wash with these methods, but you still have to ensure their safety when put in any cleaning appliance.
Always make sure nothing can hit the basket as it is made of plastic material, it can break if something made of metal hits it hard.
In addition, put and remove it gently, thus, it can damage from any side. If you want to hand wash these parts, you can go for it.
In case you notice, the Gourmia air fryer basket is peeling in the dishwasher, contact the manufacturer.
You remove the trays and pans from the basket before putting them in the dishwasher. Washing each part provides better results.
Is the Gourmia Air Fryer Basket Dishwasher Safe?
Some individuals called it a basket and some called it a food drawer. This is the part where we put the food to prepare. Fortunately, the basket of the Gourmia air fryer is dishwasher-safe and non-stick.
Sometimes it becomes a hassle to remove and wash stuck food from the air fryer basket. If the basket is non-stick, it doesn’t mean that food doesn’t stick on it. In our test, we found that sometimes some types of recipes stick on the non-stick drawers.
So the best is to never rely on the specifications and be ready for washing them by hand when food sticks to them. No doubt, using a dishwasher saves a lot of time by taking responsibility to wash out dishes.
It is a fact that not every household owns a dishwasher that’s why Gourmia air fryer removal aspects are compatible with hand-wash and dishwashers. You just have to make a schedule for when to put these items for cleaning.
Now you know, you can go with the dishwasher, but you also need to consider the safety of the basket there. For example, if the dishwasher is already filled with a lot of dishes, and less space is available for putting the air fryer basket there, the best thing to do is to put it in the next washing dishes batch.
Some studies show that washing non-stick plastic parts loses their non-stick coating over time. This happens because we probably use hot water to wash our dishes in the dishwasher.
The hot water can affect the non-stick coating and might cause peeling and removal of the coating over time. However, this aspect no manufacturer is mentioned in the description.
In case you think the basket is changing the condition of the coating after washing it several times in the dishwasher, you should switch to the hand wash method.
How to Clean the Gourmia Air fryer?
If you’re a busy person, you must clean your air fryer after a few uses. The longer you skip the cleaning, it can be harder to clean out grease build-up.
The other thing is to know how you can clean a Gourmia air fryer. If you prefer to wash it in the dishwasher, just follow the same producer you follow for other dishes.
Note: You can’t wash the main unit – not by hand, and not by dishwasher.
Here’s how to wash a Gourmia Air fryer:
- First and necessary, never forget to unplug the unit whatever you do with it aside from cooking.
- Remove the basket. If it is hot, put it into the water to cool it down.
- Remove the crisper tray from the basket. If you prefer, you can use a cloth first and rub it on dirty areas to remove dried stuck residue before putting in some water.
- Use a soft sponge and put some cleaning solution on it,(you can also use your homemade natural cleaning solution).
- Put the basket into the sink and turn on the faucet, and fill some water into the basket along with a cleaning solution. You can use a soft-bristled brush, so it cannot remove the coating.
- Rub the sponge inside the basket first, then make sure every part is cleaned.
- Now, it is time to wash the tray. As both these accessories are non-stick, it is easy to clean them.
- Put some waste pressure on the tray and rub the sponge gently. Use a skewer to remove stuck little food particles in the tray.
- Let these parts dry out.
- It’s my turn to clean the main unit.
- Put a little bit, approx 1 – 2 drops of cleaning solution on the sponge and rub it where the residue build-up is in the air fryer.
- If your cleaning area is close to the heating coil, turn it upside down to easily access the dirty area. Gently rub the sponge there and once it is clean, turn it back as it should be.
- Now the air fryer is clean, you can put all the removed parts back into it.
What to Use for Gourmia Air Fryer Cleaning?
Choosing the right and safe items for cleaning the air fryer is necessary, furthermore, it is also necessary for other appliances also. Nowadays, we’ve many options available for cleaning agents to choose from. But, the safest should be your priority.
The following is what to use for cleaning the air fryer:
- A microfiber cloth or a soft sponge.
- Little dish soap. (it is best to cut grease)
- Baking soda. (optional)
- Soft bristle brush. (to remove stuck particles, it will not affect the non-stick coating)
- Toothsticks or skewers. (to remove stuck particles from tray)
- A lemon. (it helps to remove trapped odor, and as well cut the stuck grease).
Note: Whatever cleaning agent you choose, be sure it is compatible with the material of your air fryer and will not leave any negative impact. Otherwise, the sooner you clean your air fryer, the easier it will be to clean it.