A Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven is an amazing appliance to toast, air fry, broil, warm, and break dishes.
However, if it is not toasting, you know well how it is preventing you from toasting your dish. You can simply fix it when you know the actual cause.
If your Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven is not toasting, the heating element is not working. there could be a fault in the thermostat, or wiring or the heating coil itself is faulty which prevents the appliance from generating heat. To fix this issue, you’ve to replace the unworking component.
Let’s understand what you should do to fix this issue.
Table of Contents
Reasons Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven Not Working?
You can cook food with the use of different modes on a kitchen air fryer toaster oven. Still, you cannot prepare a toasting recipe in this appliance when it won’t toast any items.
There could be several reasons behind this issue, but the main issue is that heat is not getting generated. Thus, if this fault exists in your unit, you’ve to address which component is preventing heat generation.
The following are proven causes of a Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven not toasting:
- Power deficiency: Sometimes the cord gets unplugged by itself when it has a loose connection with the socket.
And when it is not connected to the outlet, the power access gets lost to the appliance and it will not run.
Thus, be sure the plug is connected to a working outlet. If the plug is in its place and power is turned on, if there is a fault in the device, proceed.
- Faulty heating element: There are two heating elements inside the Cuisinart air fryer on the top and bottom sides. Both elements should be working well, so they can toast the food placed in the appliance.
For example, when you put bread in an appliance and turn on the toast function, the bread gets heat from both elements and gets toasted. If any of the heating element is damaged and not working, the item placed in the Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven will not toast.
Overheating can cause the heating elements to be damaged. This is the case in your unit. You’ve to replace the damaged heating element.
- Non Working thermostat: Every air fryer toaster oven has a thermostat that should be working well as it activates the heating elements.
Basically, this is a small component in the device that controls the temperature generated by heating elements. It stops and activates the heating elements to control them for working.
When we dial toaster mode on the panel, the thermostat gets active and sets elements to toast the food placed in. if unfortunately, this part gets faulty, it won’t activate the heating elements, and the device will not toast.
- Wiring Issue: Sometimes an electrical short occurs inside the unit. If your oven suddenly stops working generating a pop sound, this means there is an electrical short that happens in parts.
In case wires connected to the heating element working get broken, this will prevent the appliance from toasting. You’ve to repair the device if you want to use it further.
However, disassembling the appliance is necessary to address where the power short happened.
How to Fix Not Toasting a Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven?
Toasting items in a Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven is easy, but only when it works well. If yours have a problem, address the cause first, which is necessary to fix it. Make sure the plug is connected to the socket when you try to toast something into it, as no power cannot run the appliance.
Tools required: A screwdriver and new part for replacement(only when needed).
Time required: 10 – 25 minutes.
Here’re steps to fix a Cuisinart air fryer that is not toasting:
- Unplug the appliance from the outlet. Make sure no power is available to the device before we dive into the fix.
- Open the door and take a closer look at the heating elements. If they have holes, black marks, or cuts, it means heating elements are damaged. Get the exact heating element and fix and replace the faulty one.
- To replace heating elements, you have to unscrew them. Just disconnect them from the wiring and their position and fit a new one there. Connect wiring to new elements and tighten them.
- If heating elements are fine, you have to disassemble the covers from the appliance to address internal faults that prevent heat elements from generating temperature.
- Take a screwdriver and open the screws holding the covers. Remove covers and look intentionally at all elements. If any wire is broken, you’ll have to replace it. Use a lifting tool to stitch the new wire in the electrical system.
- If the thermostat is faulty and shows no continuity, replace it. Use a desoldering station to remove it, and get a new extract specification having a thermostat as per model number.
- Fit the new thermostat from where you removed the faulty one.
- Attach the covers back and be sure all the screws holding the side panels are tight. Now, your unit will start toasting again. All done.
Note: You should take the help of a professional technician, in case you’ve no experience and tools to fix this appliance. Must ensure your and your device’s safety.
Cuisinart Air Fryer Toaster Oven Broil not Working?
If the broil is not working on the Cuisinart air fryer toaster oven, the top heating element is not working. It may be damaged or the thermostat is not responsive.
When the user selects the broil mode on the oven, it turns on the highest temperature in the top heating element, but if the top heating element is not working, this will not broil any dish placed in the appliance.
So you’ve to test the top heating coil first when this comes off. In addition, if the heating coil is not damaged, you must test the thermostat and the wiring connected to it.
The signs of damaged heating elements are holes in them, black marks like burning spots, and cuts on coils.
If the thermostat shows no continuity and readings testing with a digital multimeter, this means it is faulty and needs to be replaced.
You can also take the help of a professional electrical technician if you’re not experienced with electrical fixes.