Many users reported that their Emeril Lagasse air fryer smoke when they cook indoors. This is a common issue in some of their models. But, is it the appliance’s fault? No, you may get surprised but the issue is in the way you use your appliance. If your Emeril Lagasse air fryer also smokes, this guide is a gem for you.
Generally, when users use too much oil and don’t clean their air fryer often, it causes smoke during air fryer usage. Aside from these mistakes, if the heating elements have oil/grease or any food particles on them, they can also cause smoke during heating up.
Let’s dive deeper into the guide to understand in-depth how to stop the Emeril Lagasse air fryer from smoking.
Table of Contents
Why does the Emeril Lagasse air fryer smoke?
We usually see no smoke coming out of emeril lagasse air fryers, but when it starts smoking, it can be a cause for concern and confusion. Technically, there are several reasons why the Emeril Lagasse air fryer might emit smoke:
The number one reason is residual oil or food particles. Sometimes, leftover oil or food particles from previous cooking sessions can accumulate in the air fryer’s heating element or the cooking basket. These residues can burn when the appliance is heated. The burning residue produces smoke.
Another thing that can make an air fryer smoky is excessive oil usage. Some people prefer to use too much oil while cooking. But if anyone wants to use an air fryer, they need to use a small amount of oil. In case there is too much oil applied to the dish, it can lead to oil splattering and burning. This mistake results in smoke.
In case you claim that you’re already using the perfect amount of oil in the air fryer, the reason could be low-quality oil.
Generally, Low-quality oils with low smoke points can produce smoke at high temperatures. So make sure you use the perfect amount of oil and good quality oil.
The last and most common cause of smoke from the Emeril Lagasse air fryer is the wrong temperature. Yes!, some individuals don’t pay attention to selecting the right temperature level for a particular dish.
For example, If the item just requires 100℃, but the temperature is seated to 200℃, it will burn the food and will cause smoke during cooking the dish in the air fryer.
Is it okay if the air fryer is smoking?
In short, it is not okay if the air fryer is smoking, no matter what brand it is made of. This is because the smoke will accumulate on the fan blades and possibly cause blockage in the unit. This entire process causes issues in the working of the air fryer.
Moreover, if the air fryer is smoking, it can also lead the device to noise issues. So, you should immediately take action to stop the appliance from smoking as it could cause issues within the device.
Normal smoke is fine sometimes, but if the appliance continuously smokes during each use, you must address the cause. The smoke mostly gets noticed during cooking oily dishes. Make sure you only use a small required oil amount for the appliance.
How to stop Emeril Lagasse air fryer from smoking?
Preventing smoking in your Emeril Lagasse air fryer is essential for a pleasant cooking experience and to maintain the longevity of your appliance. Practically, it is easy and simple to stop any air fryer from smoking. We say this confidently as we fixed several successfully.
Here are some practical tips to help you stop the smoking issue:
- The first and easy thing is cleaning the device after each use. In this process, you have to remove any oil or food residue that may be present. Pay close attention to the heating element, fan, and cooking basket components. This is a deep cleaning process that can make the air fryer free from unwanted things.
- If you have some oil required to cook, only use high-quality oil. The high-quality oils usually have a high smoke point: Opt for oils such as canola, peanut, or avocado oil. These types of oils have higher smoke points and are less likely to produce smoke when heated.
- The common mistake people make is using excessive oil. So you need to avoid this mistake for sure. It is best to use the recommended amount of oil or cooking spray to coat your food lightly. This technique will prevent excess oil from splattering and causing smoke.
- Some experts recommend preheating the air fryer if it is producing smoke by burning food. You can also try to allow your air fryer to preheat before adding the food. This formula could ensure that the cooking environment is stable and reduce the likelihood of smoking.
- Lastly, you should also check for damaged or loose components. Sometimes burnt components cause smoke in the electrical appliances. If you smell a burning smell, inspect your air fryer for any damage or lose parts.
Air fryer smoking after cleaning?
If your Emeril Lagasse air fryer is smoking after cleaning, it might indicate that some residue or water was not completely removed during the cleaning process.
You must ensure that all parts of your air fryer are thoroughly dried after washing. Any leftover moisture can cause smoke when the air fryer is heated. This is a common thing that most air fryer users face once.
There is no need to worry about this case as it could not put any negative effect on the appliance’s working. Next time you clean your unit, make sure it dried before pressing its ON button.
The Emeril Lagasse air fryer may also occasionally experience smoking issues even though it is a remarkable kitchen tool for cooking. Just avoid using too much oil and must clean your air fryer after each use to keep it away from smoke problems. Always set the required amount of temperature level.
We hope, Understanding the causes of smoking and following the prevention tips mentioned above can help you enjoy a smoke-free cooking experience with your air fryer.
Keynote: You should remember to clean the appliance regularly, use high-quality oils with high smoke points, and avoid excessive oil usage to keep your air fryer running efficiently.