You may wonder when your Whirlpool duet washer beeps three times. You should know why it is beeping because your washer informs you that something is wrong with it. However, you can remove this annoying beeping sound.
Typically, Whirlpool washers beep to represent errors and inform that it requires a fix. This sound can stop or reoccur randomly until the malfunctioning gets removed.
Your Whirlpool Duet washer indicates that the drum is overloaded or the drain filter is clogged when it beeps three times. You should check each cause, and try to remove some clothes from the drum. If the laundry load is low, it still beeps, clean the drain filter.
We’ve gathered important information regarding the Whirlpool duet washer beeps 3 times that should you know to remove this sound.
Table of Contents
What Does It Mean When Whirlpool Duet Washer Beeps Three Times?
Whirlpool duet washers have many lights and a beeper that indicates the functionality and faults inside the machine. You can also find these sounds in other Whirlpool washer models.
Three times beep in a Whirlpool duet washer means that the drain filter is clogged or the washing drum is overloaded. Whirlpool washing machines have a drain filter that filters and prevents small pieces of clothes and particles from going inside the drain pump.
Sometimes small items go through a drain cycle in the drain system, such as a hankey, wallet, comb, or any small item. Because of their small size, they go inside the drain hose system.
But the drain filter carries and prevents them from inside the drain pump. This filter only allows wastewater to go forward. You can see this filter in the front right bottom side.
On the other hand, an overloaded drum can cause imbalance. It makes the drum rotate slowly and sometimes burn the motor due to extra load on the motor which causes heat inside the motor components.
You should always check the capacity of the washing drum. Most washing machines have stickers on them that represent how much weight the washing machine can handle.
For example, If there is written 7KG, it means the user can only put up to KG of washing clothes loaded inside the drum.
If the load is extra than recommended, the washer can detect it and beeps three times to tell the user that the drum is overloaded. This is a common mistake that most new users made.
How to Fix Beeping On Whirlpool Duet Washer?
It is possible and easy to fix any annoying beeping on the Whirlpool duet washer, whether it beeps three times or continuously. You can only fix it after knowing the actual reason and cause behind it.
As we describe two possible reasons above we will proceed further to fix them one by one. No tool is required to fix it.
Let’s go with the overload situation first.
Here’s how you can fix three times beeping on your Whirlpool duet washer by cleaning the drain filter:
- Look at the front bottom right corner of your washer. You will find a filter cover there.
- Open that cover. This will provide you access to the drain filter.
- Place a towel or piece of cloth down to filter if you don’t want to have dirt on the floor which will get out of the filter.
- Open the cap of the filter. Just rotate its cap clockwise and the cap will be open.
- Keep an eye on the filter.
- Remove all the stuck particles and clothes from the filter and its hose.
- Have a small piece of clean cloth and properly clean the filter.
- Be sure no dirt is in the filter before closing the filter with the cap again.
- Engage the cap again and make sure it is tight.
- Now unplug the appliance and after a minute plug it in again. Hope the beep stops.
Here’s how you can fix three-time beeping on your Whirlpool duet washer by setting load size:
- If the washing drum looks overloaded, consider removing some clothes.
- Turn off the washer or weight unit the cycle will complete.
- Remove some clothes from the drum.
- Turn off the washer to reset its programs.
- Restart it. Now it will not beep if the problem was overloaded. For this test, we run in several washers and successfully fix three times beep.
Common Whirlpool Duet Washer Beep Problems:
There are some common Whirlpool duet washer beep problems that users should know to fix if they occur. Below are some we listed.
Why does my Whirlpool duet washer keep beeping?
Your device keeps beeping when it detects the lid is not completely opened or closed. Make sure the lid is closed properly when dialing any program.
The broken lid may be another reason, the Whirlpool duet washer keeps beeping. You have to manually check the status of the door.
Whirlpool duet washer stops during wash cycle and beeps?
Your Whirlpool duet washer is dealing with a water supply problem when it stops and beeps. There are two inlets situated behind the appliance that provides hot and cold water to the washer.
In case the washing machine is trying to fill water inside the drum but watering is not available or comes in little amounts, your Whirlpool duet washer will stop during the cycle. And it beeps because it is indicating to you that it will fix the water supply.
Make sure water supply faucets are fully opened. Otherwise, check if the inlets are clogged or not. If one of the inlet hoses is clogged, clean it to fix this beeping and resume the washer again.