The light of the Samsung oven should turn on when someone opens its door. In case your Samsung oven light won’t turn on, there could be an issue. Before you proceed further, you must know that most Samsung ovens’ lights stay off when their door is closed even when it’s cooking.
The failure of the oven light to turn on can be attributed to several types of issues. These include a burned-out light bulb, a faulty light bulb socket, problems with the door switch, and electrical issues within the mechanism.
Let’s understand how you can fix a Samsung oven light that fails to turn on.
Table of Contents
Why won’t the Samsung oven light turn on? (Causes)
If your Samsung Oven light won’t turn on when the door opens, there is a hardware-related issue occurring in your unit.
What issue has occurred can be only identified by inspecting the parts like bulb socket, door switch, light bulb, and internal electric parts. Let’s understand in-depth.
Here are some of the most common culprits:
- Burned-out Light Bulb: The light bulb of every oven has a lifespan limit. If the light bulb of your oven may have reached the end of its lifespan, it requires replacement. However, if your oven is new(under 1 year of use), then its bulb could be burned out. You can remove the bulb and test it in another socket. If still the oven doesn’t turn on in another socket, it means it is burned out.
- Faulty Light Bulb Socket: A damaged or malfunctioning light bulb socket could prevent the bulb from making proper contact. When there is no proper contact, it results in no light.
- Door Switch Issue: The oven’s door switch is responsible for triggering the light when the door is opened. If the switch is faulty or misaligned, the light may not activate. You can see this switch in a corner where the door gets sealed.
- Electrical Problems: If you check all the above causes and still have not reached the actual cause, you must inspect the electrical elements. In some cases, electrical issues within the oven can affect the light’s functionality. However, to check for this cause, you will need the help of a technician.
How to fix the Samsung oven light that won’t turn on?
Now that we have identified potential causes, let’s understand a step-by-step guide to resolve
the issue. It is always recommended that everyone get the help of an expert when they don’t know how to do any electrical work.
Here’s how to fix an oven light that is not turning on:
#Step 1: Safety First
Always ensure the oven is unplugged or turned off before attempting any troubleshooting.
#Step 2: Check the Light Bulb
Now, Inspect the oven light bulb. If the bulb appears blackened or broken, it’s likely burnt out and needs replacement.
You must refer to your oven’s manual to identify the correct bulb type and wattage for replacement. If the user manual is not available, read the model no. of your oven.
#Step 3: Inspect the Light Bulb Socket
Carefully examine the light bulb socket for any visible damage. The socket is where the bulb is fitted. You may need to replace the socket If you notice any issues, such as bent or corroded contacts.
Most light bulb sockets can be purchased from appliance repair stores or online. Searching for new spare parts according to model no. will provide you with compatible parts.
#Step 4: Test the Door Switch
Check the door switch’s functionality, and use a multimeter to measure continuity when the oven door is open and closed. If there is no continuity when the door is open, the door switch may need adjustment or replacement.
Don’t directly replace the door switch of your oven. Always get it tested by a professional technician as they have more expertise on this matter. If you know how to deal with this situation, it will be great.
#Step 5: Address Electrical Problems
If you suspect electrical issues, it’s best to seek assistance from a qualified technician or contact Samsung’s customer support for guidance.
How to turn on the Samsung oven light?
Samsung ovens have an automated system that automatically turns on the light when the user opens the door. You manually don’t need to press any button only for turning on the light bulb. When the user opens the door, the door switch provides the signal to the control board to turn on the bulb. The control board immediately releases power to the bulb and turns it on.
However, If your oven light is not turning on, you can try the following steps to manually activate it:
First, you will need to locate the light switch. The location of the light switch depends on your Samsung oven model. The light switch is typically found near the oven’s control panel or inside the oven cavity.
Next, simply press and hold the light switch to turn on the oven light. If it still doesn’t work, refer back to the troubleshooting steps mentioned earlier.
How to replace the light of a Samsung oven?
We know that replacing an oven bulb could look like an easy task, but it requires proper knowledge. If you’ve determined that the oven light bulb is the issue, follow these steps to replace it:
- Ensure the oven is unplugged or turned off.
- Remove the bulb cover: Unscrew or unclip the bulb cover located inside the oven.
- Replace the bulb: Carefully remove the old bulb and insert the new one in its place.
- Reattach the bulb cover: Securely screw or clip the bulb cover back into place.
A non-functioning oven light can be an inconvenience while cooking, but it is important to fix it as soon as possible for a tension-free cooking experience. Checking the light bulb, its socket, the door switch, and the condition of internal parts can help one fix the bulb-related issue in Samsung ovens. Remember always to prioritize safety and seek professional assistance if needed. We hope that you should be able to identify and fix the issue with this comprehensive troubleshooting guide.